Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I saw this show tonight and was charmed. It stars Billy Gardell from Mike and Molly. Bob suffers a heart attack, and is smitten with his nurse Abishola. It is sweet and funny and I hope it succeeds.

I stuck with this show and I'm glad .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

Billy Gardell is a Pittsburgh guy and often returns to the city. When he is in town he usually comes on the morning show on WDVE. He's really a very funny guy!

Respected Contributor

I didn't think I'd like this show, but I do.  DVR it, so I don't miss an episode.  One of the few shows to make me laugh out loud. The acting of the entire cast is spot on. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor
  • I always thought he was funnier than Melissa McCarthy and glad to see him back.   Except for his family, the rest of the cast is also funny.  His familly lines are dumb, especially his sister last week. Mom,s Ok.
Esteemed Contributor

Mike and Molly was originally conceived for Billy.  Then Melissa did Bridesmaids and she became the bigger star.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Frequent Contributor

Billy Gardell is terrific in this series! He has great comedic timing. I enjoy seeing him as Herschel Sparks on Young Sheldon too. He's the Cooper family's next door neighbor that owns the auro body shop (where Georgie bloomed with tire care) & has all the chickens. 

I'm happy Gardell has a good series to be in.  I really like the actress that plays Abishola, Folake Olofowoyeku too. Gina Yashere, who plays Kemi, is a real hoot! Love her character!
By the way, Vernee Watson (Gloria) who has been in numerous sitcoms, also has a recurring role as a Nurse in Young Sheldon.

Esteemed Contributor

Vernee Watson also had a recurring role as a nurse in The Big Bang Theory 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Has anyone seen anymore of the cast from Mike and Mollie. ? Victoria has a new show", Joyce was on A Man With A PLan" I haven't see Samuel, Carl, Nana, and Vince.Or even Puppy dog Jim either. 

Valued Contributor

I am enjoying the show! Bob and Abishola are great and I think her family is hilarious! I could do without is family though especially the sister.

Respected Contributor

I know this is an older thread but I just had to bring it up again to make a comment about last night's show.   

I really love this show, but I have to say this episode was one of the best.    It had everything.   The humor was great but there were also many moving scenes.  Near the end when Bob's mother told Abishola how frightened she was and how sorry she was for saying those nasty things to her it was so touching.   CE played that role perfectly.

I also loved when Bob asked the two guys at the factory to help everything run smoothly while he was gone and they became power hungry.    It was funny when they wanted to see a sonogram from the obviously pregnant woman to prove that she was really pregnant.  

I don't really care too much for most of Chuck Lorre shows because he tends to get a little too risque but this show is a winner.  

I'm not sure where they are going to go with it but I hope it stays around for some time.