Respected Contributor
I liked the first episode, though his family members are obnoxious. Hers are funny, though, and I thought the running gag about the socks from Bob's socks factory (her family members all want those socks lol) was hilarious.

I agree that there might not be enough material for a series, though. We'll see. But Gardell needs to chuck that 'stache!

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

This has become weekly treat for me. I like the fact there are middle age characters who are not trying to be young.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
I liked the first episode, though his family members are obnoxious. Hers are funny, though, and I thought the running gag about the socks from Bob's socks factory (her family members all want those socks lol) was hilarious.

I agree that there might not be enough material for a series, though. We'll see. But Gardell needs to chuck that 'stache!

I totally agree about the mustache!!!.  I think the show is good thoughSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob ❤️ Abishola

[ Edited ]

I like this show alot! I miss Mike and Molly and its good to see that actor on a show.  I actually like the signs that say things like The Next Day. I think theyre unique and different Smiley Happy  I do agree that Bobs Mom looks too young  to be his Mom  but she seems like a good actress.  I like the actor that played the ex husband in Mom on this show too Smiley Happy I like all of the Characters and hope it stays on a while.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I am enjoying this show , but always seem to think about it or start watching a few minutes after it has started. I enjoy the friend and the co-worker played by Vernee_____(last name?)  They both have very good comic timing IMO. 

I was trying to figure where else I had seen Christine Ebersole the actress that plays male main character's mother. Googled  and she also plays Edit's mother on Blue Bloods and of course many other parts & broadway actress. 

I cannot for some reason change my print back to black for some reason !! --go figure---probably user problem Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wonder where this show will go 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Christine Ebersole also was on SNL
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I like it so far.  I remember Christine when she played "Lily Darnell" on "Ryan's Hope," a sweet but flakey character. 

Respected Contributor

I'll watch an episode via On Demand when I want a break from my favorite programs which tend to be legal and crime dramas. I like the characters and the premise of the show is cute, but I don't see there being a second season. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

You may not notice it in this show, but Billy Gardel has a comedy style and mannerisms similar to Jackie Gleason. 

(A comedian told me this a few years ago  ....  I would never have noticed it on my own,)

@Tinkrbl44 Well for me that's all I need to hear.  I never could stand Jackie Gleason, and never saw Mike and Molly, so thanks for the tip.