Respected Contributor

Boardwalk Empire: 9/28/14 Episode (spoilers)

This season is really good. I loved last night's episode, but was bummed about Sally. I guess it was lucky for Nucky (I'm a poet!) that he couldn't fly down or it would have been him.

I always liked him with Margaret. Maybe they will reconcile before the end of the series. He does respect her ability. Making her deal with Caroline Rothstein, LOL. I bet she does a good job with that. I did chuckle at Joe Kennedy putting the moves on her before he found out that she was married to Nucky.

The whole scene with Al killing that poor guy was just awful. I couldn't even watch it; I hate the level of brutality they go to some times. I was glad that Van Alden/Mueller didn't get killed. I love that actor (Michael Shannon?). However, I wonder what the guy who really is the fed is going to do with that information now that he knows about Mueller's alias.

I can't wait for next week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Boardwalk Empire: 9/28/14 Episode (spoilers)

Hi Cosmic, it was really good last night, except for Sally getting killed and Al Capone going nuts beating that guy to death for no reason at all! I so hate this is the last season, because I really enjoy this show! I hope Nucky and Margaret get together, and neither one killed

Respected Contributor

I am with you on all counts, Hooty. I guess Al is feeling the effects of the syphilis combined with his sociopathic behavior. Lol.
Honored Contributor

I understand that the scene with Al killing that man was violent but I understand why they showed it. I think if they were in for more 'grisly' they would have made it worse (which they didn't). I think it was important to show that it was a very violent time in our history.

I like Nucky and Margaret too. I especially like Margaret. You know Steve Buscemi is a wonderful actor. I recently saw an interview with Steve and his wife at home. His total appearance is different. He was so weasly and seedy.

Like some of us discussed, the actor on Doc Martin looks entirely different when not acting the part of Doc Martin, Mr. Buscemi looked very different, somewhat (if you like his kind of look) handsome. (As opposed to his character).

Was anyone else surprised to see Sally Wheet killed off? That was quick. I don't understand what went down with that?

Any ideas? What happened? I'm not very good on the history of Cuba and what happened back then. Does it have anything to do with that?

Respected Contributor

It seems that the unrest that ultimately led to Castro's coming into power started back in the early 30's. The communists took over Russia in 1917 or thereabouts, so I think that communism was being exported to a lot of countries. The captain was critical of the sugar cane owner for paying the workers very little for back breaking work while he lived in a mansion and paid off the locals including the army. The country was really corrupt and was being exploited by other countries, like all the criminals from the United States. I am no expert, just giving my opinion. If someone wants to correct me, I won't be offended. Sally took one of the guns from the soldiers and the guy that killed her got trigger happy. I don't know what they were planning to do with her. She was out past curfew and they wouldn't let her go home and they wouldn't let her turn back. I think she was toast no matter what.
Honored Contributor

I think you are right on all accounts cosmic. They said almost verbatim what you said in your next to last sentence, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time....

I really liked her character. I'm going to miss her. I do think they probably did pretty much all they could with her character though.

I'm wondering how it will affect Nucky. She was there for him when he needed someone. I wonder if he will find out about what happened to her. Not very likely.

Honored Contributor

Steve Buscemi, had a small role in the Sopranos, and I also think he was a director as well, he is a great actor!

As far as Sally, I think there was something else behind her murder besides being out past curfew, which just happened that afternoon, how could everyone know, they didn't have TV back then! It was if they were sitting there waiting for her, maybe Nucky will find out!

Honored Contributor

To be honest I was kind of glad to see Sally go. I want to see Margaret and Nucky reconcile as well. I like her a lot. This season is definitely good but I couldn't watch the beat down by Al either! Anyhow... out of sheer curiousity I looked up the real Capone's pic online and read about him. He looks kind of nuts lol and he had several veneral diseases when he was sent to prison. Check it out if you want to see what he really looked like. I guess Chalky is back next week. Things should get even better. Thanks for the post Hooty.