Respected Contributor

Re: Bluff City Law - Cancelled!

[ Edited ]

Well, dam#.   It's not great.  It's pretty formulatic but I've enjoyed it and there is nothing else I was watching on TV, series wise.  Plus, I like Jimmy Smits and Jayne Atkinson.   

Honored Contributor

Hour-long scripted shows are expensive to make, compared to the so-called "reality-type" programs.  So if they aren't immediately successful, their chances of survival are slim.  And many people just aren't watching network TV anymore, so it's tough.

Trusted Contributor

I gave it two episodes and quit.  Thought the show was just a copy of so many that have come before it.  No originality at all.  I love most legal/law shows, but this one didn't cut it for me.  Not surprised it may be canceled. 

Trusted Contributor

10/18: Bluff City Law (NBC) will end its debut season with its 10th episode, despite a previous order of 6 additional scripts. While the show has technically not been canceled, a second season seems extremely unlikely.

TV Premiere Dates (2019-20) - Metacritic

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.  While it isn't the worst new show; it is dull, boring and entirely predictable.  They canceled it so quickly, they must know there is no hope at all for it.

Honored Contributor

A suggestion ..... if you really like a show that gets cancelled, go to the network website, find "Contact Us", usually at the bottom of the home page, and COMPLAIN.   

Not only will it make you feel better, but the networks need to know when they screw up.   

I once worked with a gal who'd previously worked for NBC in NYC.   They took complaints very seriously, because most people don't bother to write or give feedback.  They always assumed that for every memo of complaint, there were at least another thousand people who felt exactly the same way.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

A suggestion ..... if you really like a show that gets cancelled, go to the network website, find "Contact Us", usually at the bottom of the home page, and COMPLAIN.   

Not only will it make you feel better, but the networks need to know when they screw up.   

I once worked with a gal who'd previously worked for NBC in NYC.   They took complaints very seriously, because most people don't bother to write or give feedback.  They always assumed that for every memo of complaint, there were at least another thousand people who felt exactly the same way.

Thank you for suggesting this @Tinkrbl44 .  I took your advice and did this just now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Last night was Episode 5, so there must be 5 more already filmed. I really like it, but I do like Good Doctor better at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Last night was Episode 5, so there must be 5 more already filmed. I really like it, but I do like Good Doctor better at the same time. 

its a tough night......monday night football is also on and that is usually in the top five shows of the week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

10/18: Bluff City Law (NBC) will end its debut season with its 10th episode, despite a previous order of 6 additional scripts. While the show has technically not been canceled, a second season seems extremely unlikely.

TV Premiere Dates (2019-20) - Metacritic

I just deleted it from my recordings.  What's the point of watching something that seems to have no future.