Respected Contributor

I am so disgusted to what is happening to regular tv programming.  Bluff City Law has just been cancelled.  It will finish out the season but will not be back for season 2.  It seems they are showing more and more of these talentless, moronic reality shows (which are all scripted).  Anything with an ounce of intelligence seems to get cancelled.  I am so bummed out about this.  It was a good show, maybe not great, but it had potential and I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bluff City Law - Cancelled!

That stinks....there is very little to watch on tv these days....I enjoyed that show. 

Honored Contributor

"Bluff City Law" has not been canceled, however. Executives will assess the program after its 10 episodes air, to see if it builds any traction on Hulu or other delayed-viewing and on-demand platforms.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2019/10/17/bluff-city-law-nbc-memphis-production-ends-is...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This is so disappointing.  I like it a lot.  It's the only new show that I watch.  I don't get Hulu if they moved it there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Typical -- mundane laugh-tracked shows stay on for an eternity, while a show that requires some thought and provokes emotion gets yanked after 3-4 shows.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

WHAT??? Smiley Surprised I love Jimmy Smits and really enjoy the show. Guess I'll finish watching the rest of the season. But, knowing there's no second season is very disappointing. Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Well, that is indeed disappointing. I am really liking that show. I totally agree that there are too many senseless and ridiculous "canned laughter" comedy shows on that, for the life of me, I don't know what keeps them on the air.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am one of the dissenting opinions. I thought the show lacked talent. It was very mundane and no real storylines. It was like watching paint dry. I am not surprised.

I read that Bluff City Law will not receive full season order. This does not bode well for getting a season 2. The series only filmed 10 and they have done 4. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

"Bluff City Law" has not been canceled, however. Executives will assess the program after its 10 episodes air, to see if it builds any traction on Hulu or other delayed-viewing and on-demand platforms.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2019/10/17/bluff-city-law-nbc-memphis-production-ends-is...

Sunshine45:  I cannot believe this.  I just got an email that states what shows have been renewed, cancelled or are undecided.  Now, after reading your link, I don't know what to believe. This link does go into more detail in that it has not been renewed nor cancelled.  Sorry for the confusion, I don't know if I can trust these notices again.  Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that in the end it will be picked up for season 2.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Sunshine45:  I cannot believe this.  I just got an email that states what shows have been renewed, cancelled or are undecided.  Now, after reading your link, I don't know what to believe. This link does go into more detail in that it has not been renewed nor cancelled.  Sorry for the confusion, I don't know if I can trust these notices again.  Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that in the end it will be picked up for season 2.

@lovesallanimals 

it gives me just a little hope that they will get a reprieve.

maybe i should start watching it also on hulu so it gets some hits?

it has been my favorite new show of the season......will hate to see it go if it does get cancelled.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein