Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I finally watched the episode and I liked it.  But I do agree that overall the series has become a bit boring.

I miss the writing from the first two seasons.  Season one they had weekly plots and then the season long plot of the Blue Templar and finding the killer of Joe Reagan.  Season two had weekly plots and then the season long plot of Jamie being an undercover officer with the crime family.

I sure hope Danny and his partner do not start up a romance.  That is just too much.  I cannot stand the Edie and Jamie relationship.  It would be ridiculous to do the same thing with Danny.

@4kitties 

I've noticed a few people don't seem to like Eddie.  I think she's a good addition and her marriage to Jamie was good.  No one else on the show has a committed relationship going now .... unless I missed something.  If that was real life, it would be very peculiar. Whether people date casually or seriously, they don't stay unattached for very long stretches of time. 

As I sai upthread, maybe it's just the payroll cost consideration.  Actors want raises when contracts are renewed.   If Tom Selleck doesn't renew, I think the show would collapse.

Honored Contributor

I will say that it took me a long time to warm up to Eddie, and I'm not a huge fan, but she is fine in small doses, so I'm glad she has a smaller role this season.

Same with Baez.  I really loved Danny with Jackie and it took me a long time to get over Jackie leaving the show.  I've been liking Baez more and more as time goes by.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I don't know if they will do a Danny/Baez romance.  She's too young for him and they are more like brother/sister than boyfriend/girlfriend to me.

I guess we'll see.

@VaBelle35 

I don't know the actors' real ages, but IMO the Baez character is late 30s or early 40s, and Danny is mid to late 40s.   I don't think that's too much of a stretch.

Let's face it, the way the show is written, all the Reagans  are just too busy to socialize much, so their dating pool will be members of law enforcement.   Happens the same way with medical professionals which explains why doctors often marry other doctors.  You choose from what's available.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods

[ Edited ]

Blue Bloods is almost the only show we watch regularly that is on network TV. Because it is a character-driven drama, it allows the viewer to get to know the characters. Can’t understand why they think WG can add anything positive to the show. I will probably still watch the show, but hit the mute button when she is on. I have to wonder how she, with all the other actors/actresses in the world, was picked for the show.

Honored Contributor

She is 43 and he is 51.

I looked it up.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Blue Bloods is almost the only show we watch regularly that is on network TV. Because it is a character-driven drama, it allows the viewer to get to know the characters. Can’t understand why they think WG can add anything positive to the show. I will probably still watch the show, but hit the mute button when she is on. I have to wonder how she, with all the other actors/actresses in the world, was picked for the show.

@lovesrecess 

What's positive that she adds to the show is CONFLICT ... and a black woman with influence.   That show needs it, having become a tad boring.   I don't understand why people act so weird about her.  Not many have the EGOT .... Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards.

Do you know how she got her start?   WG was a young comic and was doing a one woman show  ... a collection of very odd & interesting characters, and people really raved about how good she was.   Steven Speilberg flew  to see it, thought she was one of the most talented people he'd ever seen and signed her on for a movie ... maybe it was Color Purple, but not sure.

BTW, Some of that one woman show can still be found on Youtube.

She's a very versatile actress, but I guess some people can't stand that she's a woman with opinions ... and talks about them on The View.   I say "So what?".   Good for her.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess 

What's positive that she adds to the show is CONFLICT ... and a black woman with influence.   That show needs it, having become a tad boring.   I don't understand why people act so weird about her.  Not many have the EGOT .... Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards.

Do you know how she got her start?   WG was a young comic and was doing a one woman show  ... a collection of very odd & interesting characters, and people really raved about how good she was.   Steven Speilberg flew  to see it, thought she was one of the most talented people he'd ever seen and signed her on for a movie ... maybe it was Color Purple, but not sure.

BTW, Some of that one woman show can still be found on Youtube.

She's a very versatile actress, but I guess some people can't stand that she's a woman with opinions ... and talks about them on The View.   I say "So what?".   Good for her.

@Tinkrbl44 @lovesrecess  I'm hoping she becomes Frank's love interest. He needs one.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Frank is kinda grouchy these days ....

Honored Contributor

So far this has been the show I've enjoyed the most since its return. I really like the actor who plays Joe and think he will eventually make a fine addition to the Sunday dinner table. I was sorry he wasn't at the table at the end of the show but understand his need for some time off. A huge part of it is trying not to betray his mother although I think she should follow Frank's example and allow Joe to make his own choice and then accept whatever it is. If she didn't want anyone to know he is a Reagan than she should have left the space blank on his birth certificate. Of course she had no way of knowing he would unknowingly join the family profession.

To me Frank doesn't seem as grouchy as he has at times in the past. Even Eddie seems to be mellowing although she does still have her "let's make it all about me" moments.

They ran a credit "In memory of Nick Cordero" at the end of last night's episode which was also the last episode of the season. The show returns on January 8th.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

I love Will Estes (Jamie)!