Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I read where they are reprising the role of the New York City Council woman Whoopi Goldberg.  She will appear in the upcoming season. Many fans are unhappy about this cast member. I guess we know where this season is going.

@elated 

"Many fans are not happy about this cast member"? Really?

I find that rather surprising .... every show has to have conflict or it'll be like watching paint dry.   Like her or not, WG is a very talented actress.   

Blue Bloods has always had short term female characters  ... Sharon Lawrence, Anne Heche,  Lorraine Bracco, Bebe Neuwirth, etc etc.  

What I find most odd about the casting is the lack of girlfriends .... I've never seen so many characters with no love life.   Thank goodness Jamie managed to get married!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Does anyone know who the surprise guest will be at the dinner table on 12-4?

@Group 5 minus 1 

Good question.   It's obviously not the Joe Hill character.    

Contributor

Please stick to the View,  Whoopie.  That way you won't ruin a good show!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@elated wrote:

I read where they are reprising the role of the New York City Council woman Whoopi Goldberg.  She will appear in the upcoming season. Many fans are unhappy about this cast member. I guess we know where this season is going.

@elated 

I find that rather surprising .... every show has to have conflict or it'll be like watching paint dry.   Like her or not, WG is a very talented actress.   

Blue Bloods has always had short term female characters  ... Sharon Lawrence, Anne Heche,  Lorraine Bracco, Bebe Neuwirth, etc etc.  

What I find most odd about the casting is the lack of girlfriends .... I've never seen so many characters with no love life.   Thank goodness Jamie managed to get married!  LOL

And I, on the other hand, do like the fact that the widowed male Reagans have chosen not to get involved with someone else.  

It's refreshing to have a show that doesn't immediately replace a supposed "soulmate" with another.  Or worse yet, a string of one night stands.

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I will still be watching and give it a chance.  I do think it has gone a bit downhill in these later seasons.  

I am trying, but I just cannot like the Edie character.  

I'm with you.  They could eliminate her and I wouldn't mind one bit.  She's just obnoxious and I see no romantic chemistry between she and Jamie.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated 

Anne Heche had a role in Chicago P.D.  She was not in Blue Bloods.

Trusted Contributor

@elated - I stopped watching The View as it has turned into a biased political nightmare.  If Whoopi's character turns this show into the same with her views, I'm done.  

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@elated - I stopped watching The View as it has turned into a biased political nightmare.  If Whoopi's character turns this show into the same with her views, I'm done.  

I agree with you 100%.

Honored Contributor

I remember Frank had a girlfriend at the beginning of the series, a blonde reporter, if I remember correctly.  It just struck me as sleazy.  Perhaps if something had started with the Bebe Neuworth character I would have been more accepting.  Whatever happened to her, anyway?

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@WORKING GAL   @elated

Seriously?   I hope you realize that when on The View, WG is giving her own opinions.  When she is playing a character in a movie or TV show, she is a character, and doesn't get to make up her own dialogue.    WG will say whatever the writers write for her character.  That's what actors do.