Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think that the friction between Erin and her new boss will evolve and they will become best friends or some such thing.    

One thing wrong with Erin's character development, though .... for someone in her job, she gets annoyed much too easily and too often.  Some things you have to take with a grain of salt, but hopefully that will change, too.

At least we are being spared Erin's ex-husband and his nonsense.   He just wasn't necessary to the show.

@Tinkrbl44- I like Jack, Erin's ex-husband. At least he has a sense of humor. The truth is, I don't think I care much for Blue Bloods any more. Aside from Anthony,The Three Amigos, Eddy, Danny and his boys, and Baez, the show has gotten terribly boring.  I don't see that anyone evolves. There are many things wrong with the plot lines and the characters. Sometimes I want to shake Jamie and tell him to wake up and come into the real world. Eddy shouldn't be working in his precinct. I find it uncomfortable that she's working for him, not with him. A spouse shouldn't be a boss!

I like Eddy's partner and think there could be some sort of story line with her, but I doubt if they'll do anything about it.

I think it's time for me to stop watching, as soon as this season is over.

Anyone agree with me?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Tinkrbl44- I like Jack, Erin's ex-husband. At least he has a sense of humor. The truth is, I don't think I care for Blue Bloods any more. Aside from Anthony, Eddy, Danny and his boys, and Baez, the show has gotten terribly boring.  I don't see that anyone evolves. There are many things wrong with the plot lines and the characters. Sometimes I want to shake Jamie and tell him to wake up and come into the real world. Eddy shouldn't be working in his precinct. I find it uncomfortable that she's working for him, not with him. A spouse shouldn't be a boss!

I like Eddy's partner and think there could be some sort of story line with her, but I doubt if they'll do anything about it.

I think it's time for me to stop watching, as soon as this season is over.

Anyone agree with me?

@sunala  me. I agree with you on almost all of your analysis of the characters and flaws in the story lines. I also like Erin's ex, Jack Boyle, played by Peter Hermann, real life spouse of Mariska Hargitay. At least when he's on, things are not so predictable. He infuses a bit of excitement into that week's show so I would like to see him more. I was really hoping things would turn out differently with Frank's recently discovered grandson Joe. Since he wasn't raised as a Reagan  he could have brought a different perspective to the family. Still hope he returns. I like Eddie's partner Rachel more than Eddie. My feelings for Eddie haven't changed since she was Jamie's partner. Can take or leave her but prefer small doses at a time if she's around.

Here's where we part ways. I'm not ready to give up the series. It's still better than a lot of other shows on network tv.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

Great episode tonight and ending.thought jaime was going to kick the ******

out of that guy.what frank  said  at the end was a big shock.Its time to get rid

of that district attorney.

Honored Contributor

I also thought last night's episode was a good one. I didn't think Jamie was going to do something physical; that would have been more Danny's style which was what he was trying to tell his brother earlier. Jamie's solution certainly made sure that guy got what he deserved.

There was no way Frank was going to sacrifice Gormley, one of his unholy three. We saw unconventional ways of solving problems. Liked it.

Honored Contributor

I love all things Sid, so I was happy to see another Sid-centric episode.

Next week it's all about Abigail.

I'm glad we're giving non-family members some air time this season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Once again we saw Eddie question one of Jamie's decisions. He has the patience of a saint but I liked that he didn't back down or reverse himself.

What a nice surprise to see Erin's ex Jack. Eddie sure called that relationship right. When he's on it's one of the rare times Erin isn't so insufferable. He should pop in more often. Loved that he showed up for Sunday dinner with Erin.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice surprise to see ex-Jack show up. I hope he stays and he and Erin reconnect without the fussing. The show could use happy flirtations. Jaime & his wife are more like brother/sister in their chemistry. And Danny isn't a catch, IMO. Would like to see more of the 'new' grandson and his life. The show needs new storylines.

Who would you select as a love interest for Frank? Not marriage but happy, committed friendship; a ray of sunshine. Hubs suggested Sela Ward. I like that idea.  Sela Ward Pictures, Latest News, Videos.   That Sunday lunch crowd is a serious group. Flirtations and sunshine would be easier to watch with heavy storylines.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

Nice surprise to see ex-Jack show up. I hope he stays and he and Erin reconnect without the fussing. The show could use happy flirtations. Jaime & his wife are more like brother/sister in their chemistry. And Danny isn't a catch, IMO. Would like to see more of the 'new' grandson and his life. The show needs new storylines.

Who would you select as a love interest for Frank? Not marriage but happy, committed friendship; a ray of sunshine. Hubs suggested Sela Ward. I like that idea.  Sela Ward Pictures, Latest News, Videos.   That Sunday lunch crowd is a serious group. Flirtations and sunshine would be easier to watch with heavy storylines.  

I agree with you about Jaime and Eddie. There is absolutely no chemistry. Last night she made this romantic dinner for him and they just hugged. It is a very strange pairing. Erin and Jack have chemistry which makes it believable. I wonder if Will Estes is gay and that is the reason for this odd dynamics.

Honored Contributor

Blue Bloods has been renewed.

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Blue Bloods has been renewed.

Well I sure hope they do something to perk this show up.  I used to watch it every week, but I do not even care if I skip it some weeks.  It is losing me..........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward