Honored Contributor

Blue Bloods Season Finale (Spoilers)

I have a problem with how the season finale ended. For YEARS we were told police partners couldn't date or be married to one another, this is why Jamie and Eddie never got together. Now all of a sudden these two will be getting married and continue to be partners, WHAT!!!! I think it's a terrible idea for police officers to still be partnered up even though they are involved. If this was the road the show was going to go down, they could have married them off seasons ago. I have a theory that since the death of Linda there was an empty seat at the table, I think the character of Eddie (Vanessa Ray) is having her part expanded to fill the void left by Linda (Any Carlson).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods Season Finale (Spoilers)

Jordan2, I agree with everything you said.  

For me, theres no filling the void left by Linda.  I miss her character.

Frequent Contributor

This is only TV.  Find something important to center your day and life around.

Honored Contributor

@Tinker Toy wrote:

Trust me, I have a full life. You have a good day!

Trusted Contributor

Posting on the TV and Movies forum that "this is only TV?"

All I can say to that is......thanks for the laugh.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

This is so overdue I am willing to overlook the ridiculousness of it.  I'll blame it on my soap background.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way about officers being partnered with their spouses.    I would imagine in most police departments that would never be allowed.    Certainly, you could work in the same department but not as partners in a squad car.   

I agree that they are expanding Eddie's role to bring in a married couple after they IMO ruined Danny's family by having Linda die in the helicopter crash.   I think that was one of the worst mistakes they made.   I just loved watching Danny and Linda interact as a married couple.   It was so believable.     I like that they are still showing Danny having a difficult time with the loss of his wife.   I would have hated if they immediately had him being involved with another woman.   Danny loved Linda and her death would definitely have had a major impact on him.    

I might be in the minority, but I just don't get a romantic vibe between Jamie and Eddie.  She seems more like a little sister to him than a love interest.   Although I will say the last scene between them after Eddie shot the hitman was very touching.  

I hope they are able to integrate them smoothly as a married couple and bring her into the Reagan family.    I did think her calling the police commissioner "Dad" seemed a little forced.    It didn't come across on screen as natural.   It seemed a little silly at that moment.  

I do love the show and I hope it continues for a few more years.    

Esteemed Contributor

I watched last night, and for some reason I thought they came in and said they were already married.  I guess I need my hearing really checked!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

I don't know how things are regulated IRL, but on NCIS Los Angeles partners Deeks and Kensie have been a couple for ages, and now they are talking wedding plans.  Still work partners.   

Since this is not real life, the writers can write it any way they see fit for the storylines and character development to work.

Respected Contributor

@Tinker Toy wrote:

@Tinker Toyperhaps you did not notice this is a forum to discuss TV & Movies? Smiley Happy Posting a few lines in a forum here only takes a few seconds out of the day. I would imagine posters have full days with other pursuits.