Respected Contributor

Blue Bloods 4/30/2021 episode

For those of you who watched last night's epi did you agree that Jamie did the right thing?   I think it was wrong of him not to defend his young rookie officer.  I don't care that this ex-marine was suffering from drug addiction.  She assaulted the officer by pushing him down.  After she stole the water bottle she threw it across the room and could have injured someone seriously.  

I felt sorry for the young officer when his own command  wouldn't back up his arrest.  I was glad to see the PC put Jamie on suspension but I still didn't like the whole idea that she should just skirt on her behavior because she and Danny served together.  

She had a history of arrests and just because she wouldn't stay off of the drugs that meant that she could just commit an assault and then have it dropped down from a felony to a misdemeanor.  

I was disappointed in last night's episode and I didn't care for the one the week before either.   I'm starting to think my love of this show might be in the past.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods 4/30/2021 episode

I agree with your perspective of the episode, particularly the Jamie storyline.  Overall, it was a rather weak showing for Blue Bloods.  

Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree.  Arresting this woman for an assault on an officer was the right thing to do.  Not arresting her was wrong.

This series just limps along.  

Honored Contributor

Jamie has always been the one to do the right thing. I was bothered by his actions too. Felt bad for the young officer. This was the most tense dinner scene I recall watching.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually enjoy Blue Bloods,  particularly the dinner table scene.  However, last night's episode was not really up to par.  No, imo, Jamie was wrong.  Of course I understand him feeling indebted to the former Marine for saving Danny's life, but, not supporting his young officer was wrong.  I feel it sent the wrong message.   This was not her 1st offense and she did assault a police officer.

In addition, Eddie's s/l was pretty thin.  It seems as if the writers are trying to showcase a different character each week, and, it's not working.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I usually enjoy Blue Bloods,  particularly the dinner table scene.  However, last night's episode was not really up to par.  No, imo, Jamie was wrong.  Of course I understand him feeling indebted to the former Marine for saving Danny's life, but, not supporting his young officer was wrong.  I feel it sent the wrong message.   This was not her 1st offense and she did assault a police officer.

In addition, Eddie's s/l was pretty thin.  It seems as if the writers are trying to showcase a different character each week, and, it's not working.

What does s/l mean?

Esteemed Contributor

JMO but I disagree. I thought last nights episode was very well done. Jaime is human.Yes, he should have had the officers back but his personal feelings about the woman who saved Danny's life took over.I can see that happening.

Nobody is perfect & we all have to make decisions that don't always go over well.He faced the consequences of his actions.He was suspended. In the end the cop he was partnered with requested & received a transfer & the woman who saved Danny's life was saved too.

Portraying police officers as human beings with feelings is a positive thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I think we all know what is happening with these police shows. It is sad what it has come down to with these so called writers. They have dumbed down Voight 's character on Chicago PD.  I like the reruns but not the current season.

Trusted Contributor

@elated   Not all that subtle to figure out. In case you're still puzzled s/l is shorthand for story line@grandma r  was referring to the character Eddie's story line in this episode. 

Not an abbreviation commonly used,  but easy to figure out in context since the entire thread is discussing the story lines of the episode. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree and think Jamie was wrong in how he handled things.  She should have been arrested for assaulting the officer.   I felt bad for the rookie cop and there were plenty of witnesses to corroborate his account of what happened.

Not one of their better episodes.

I wonder if we are going to see anymore of the newest member of the family - Frank's grandson. It seemed like they dropped that story.