Honored Contributor

Re: Blood & OIl ~ New ABC show

[ Edited ]

Wow. Despite how lame television has gotten I had some moderate expectations for this show... So far, though, it's a stinker... Uninspired casting, caricatures instead of characters, bad acting, trite story lines and just plain not interesting. Not even good soap opera. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up on this after 15 minutes - thought it was awful.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I gave up on this after 15 minutes - thought it was awful.

You lasted longer than I did. It was very disappointing.

Honored Contributor

I must be desperate, I really liked it.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Unless it has like no competition at all in its timeslot, I don't even give it until the New Year before they cancel it... The ratings for Week 1 might be decent because of others, like us, thinking it had potential and tuning in to see. After tonight, though, unless it improves markedly, I see the audience slipping away, possibly in droves. I probably won't even tune in next week. 

Not wowed by Quantico so far, either, though it's probably too early to say with this one. These were two new shows I thought might prove to be guilty pleasures, but so far, not so much in the pleasure department. 

Who in heaven's name is casting shows these days...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

DJ said on Jimmy K that before MV, he was in five shows that got cancelled.  This might be six.

Respected Contributor

I was also disappointed with this show. I'll watch another week but don't have high hopes for this show to stick around. And I also read the reviews and they weren't good.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Valued Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I was also disappointed with this show. I'll watch another week but don't have high hopes for this show to stick around. And I also read the reviews and they weren't good.

Same here.  We'll watch another week too, but after being a Dallas fan, it just isn't even close. 

Wish TNT would have renewed it.

Esteemed Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

Add me to the list of posters who were disappointed in this show.  Geez, and I had such high hopes too!  I will say, though, that I'm really glad to see Don Johnson back on tv and will continue to watch for that reason alone.  Well, I'll at least watch for another couple of episodes.  

Honored Contributor

I wasn't impressed. The show was just so cliche. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval