Esteemed Contributor

Blake Shelton leaving the Voice next season!

I know many folks don't really care... but I'm so disappointed. I will probably not watch The Voice with him off of the show. I love Blake Shelton! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blake Shelton leaving the Voice next season!

I don't watch The Voice.  But I do see the ads for it or clips from it.  It seems to me that, for me, if I DID watch that show, it would be to see him.  Maybe he will do something else for you to enjoy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of Blake Shelton, but just started watching The Voice in the last 2 years.  

I see Blake as a true ground, voice of reason for this show.  He has such a calm, common sense attitude in general, and a true ear for talent; am not sure the show could find a replacement who thinks on the same level as Blake.  

Marriage has made Blake a happy man and it shows.  As much as I enjoy his music and his TV appearances, it makes me happier to know he has started thinking about his life as a family man.  His business investments will take care of him, and he can still sing when he wants, but hopefully he can kick back on his big ranch and just focus on being happy with life.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,  I read this last night that 2023 will be his last season. I will miss him, because I actually find him very amusing and talented. I feel he really listens to the voices to see if people have the chops.

I see that Kelley will be returning next season, and then they will have two new judges, who I am not familiar with at all. 

Even though they are not saying it obviously John will not be returning next season. 

Honored Contributor

Blake was the only judge left I liked; stopped watching 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Some of those judges were just plain annoying.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I am sooo disappointed too and probably will not watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Oriiginally, I thought the idea for The Voice was fresh and interesting. However, when it turned into the Blake and Adam show, focusing on them instead of the contestants, I quit watching. I understand Adam is gone, which is fine by me. I hope he doesn't return. As for other judges, I heard John Legend and Alicia Keyes were some of them, and those people are highly talented. 

Honored Contributor

I was sorry when I read this yesterday.  I like Blake and agree that he really listens to the auditions and has a good ear for talent.

I am also sorry that Kelly is returning.  I find her annoying.  John is my favorite, and I was disappointed that he isn't one of the returning judges.  I don't know much about Niall Horan other than he was in One Direction.  I also heard a new song by him and someone (don't remember who) on the radio the other day.  I know nothing about Chance the Rapper other than the obvious fact that he's a rapper.

I really like Camila Cabello.  I like her music, and I like her personality on the show.  I'm sorry she won't be back next season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Blake was the only judge left I liked; stopped watching 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Some of those judges were just plain annoying.

@Cakers3 - I agree. I stopped watching when Miley was on. It used to be one of my favorite shows to watch or DVR.   Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Bummer, Blake is the main reason I watch. I stopped watching Dancing With The Stars when the host changed a few seasons back.