Honored Contributor

Blackkklansman Premiere on HBO Tonight

I really wanted to see this when it came out and missed it; so happy it is on HBO tonight. I'm looking forward to watching it, and will post thoughts about it here.

Any reviews from people who saw it already?  (I looked for a thread on it but didn't find one).

Regular Contributor

Re: Blackkklansman Premiere on HBO Tonight

My brother saw it and highly recommended.  I have it set to record tonight since I'm going out.  Can't wait to see it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   I saw it shortly after it was released. Was very impressed with the acting of John David Washington {Denzel and Pauletta's son]. There are some scenes in the movie that  at first made me very uncomfortable and then later extremely sad. Part of that sadness is the realization this movie is based on events that actually took place. I think the story was told in a way that it was both enlightening as well as entertaining since there are some funny moments. For those who don't know this movie is based on how an African American policeman infiltrated the KKK

Thanks for the alert. I look forward to seeing it a second time.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent movie!! Highly recommend it!!

Esteemed Contributor

Really good movie!

Honored Contributor

Excellent movie based on the true story of Ron Stallworth.

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at Sun, Apr 21, 2019-12.13.19 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Can't wait to see it! Having seen so many Spike Lee movies with Denzel Washington, it amazes me that now I get see Denzel's son star in a Spike Lee production.

Regular Contributor

Watched it last night on HBO and loved it

Honored Contributor

I watched it this afternoon. Some of it made me uncomfortable, but the film was good. As powerful as the film was, the actual real life events shown at the end of the film were even more so.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn’t be a Spike Lee movie if it didn’t make us uncomfortable. Looking forward to seeing this.