Respected Contributor

Bit Late but I just watched Joker......

[ Edited ]

It was on HBO was not keen  to see it when it first came out but watched it tonight and I could not believe how good Joaquim was.  Very violent but I got to say I really enjoyed it!  He deserved his Oscar.  For me a great movie.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bit Late but I just watched Joker......

I watched it recently as well when we had free HBO.  I loved it and thought Joaquin Phoenix  was fantastic.  All the attention on his performance was why I wanted to check out the movie.  He did not disappoint.  I will watch again at some point. 

Valued Contributor

His performance was very good. I was very unsettled and disturbed watching the movie- had to turn off last 40 minutes or so and read about the ending on the internet. Graphic violence yes. I’m more fragile now. But the subject of shrinking mental health support services is, in fact, brilliantly proven for all its danger.
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched it yet, but I am on vacation next week, so I will definitely catch it! 

Super Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, especially Joaquin Phoenix's acting ability. He totally captured your attention and never let go. Totally deserving of an Oscar.  I also enjoyed Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, along with Jack NIcholson.  Each actor took ths character and offered the various facets of a great villain. 

Valued Contributor

I caught this movie on HBO in May. This was not about the Joker character in the Batman movies. It was a dark movie portraying someone abused and suffering from mental illness. I like Joaquin Phoenix as an actor and was completely blown away by his performance here. He was mesmerizing and truly became the character. It may be hard for him to top this performance