Respected Contributor

I am going to see this tomorrow.

Has anyone seen this and what did you think?

Respected Contributor

Well..... it is different. Best movie of the year??? It's all in the eye of the beholder!

Respected Contributor
Thanks granddi.
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/28/2015 granddi said:

Well..... it is different. Best movie of the year??? It's all in the eye of the beholder!

I agree. I will add that the acting is phenomenal and I did appreciate the backstage views of a Broadway theatre. But, how it could be called a comedy - dark or not - is beyond me. Laughed more in "The Imitation Game", and that is a drama!
Honored Contributor

I want to see it but will wait for it to come on cable or rent the dvd.

Regular Contributor

for me it was one of the few movies I've ever considered walking out on at many points - found it really annoying. When it was over the usher asked me what I thought - I guess he hears mixed comments on it - and I couldn't figure out how I felt. I said it was either brilliant or a total waste of time and that I'd have to ponder it for awhile, that's how confusing I found it. Curious to see how you liked it. That was a few months ago and at this point I can't remember much about it so it didn't make an impact for me. Micheal Keaton was good and was the reason I wanted to see it but I preferred Eddie Redmayne's (sp??) performance but hard to compare them - apples and oranges.

Respected Contributor

Two hours of my life I will never get back! What a stinker. However, I can see why Michael Keaton won two awards thus far.

I went with my movie-going friend. On the way down out of the theater, I said, "that really sukked". Two other women in the front row said, "I thought it was just us". Then a few others chimed in on how it was such a huge disappointment.

THUMBS DOWN ON THIS ONE - a real depressing, all over the place kind of movie.

Trusted Contributor

Probably one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Acting was good but I think it tried to be too ""deep"" and was depressing. Emma Stone looked like she had lost so much weight for the movie that I couldn't get past her eyes!

Trusted Contributor

Wow just read these reviews, and I agree I watched it last night and was so disappointed, it was an awful movie ,what comedy? Dark yes I had no idea what it was trying to do,love Micheal Keaton and he did a great job, but the movie stinks. Tucka.

Frequent Contributor
I have to disagree. I loved this movie! Yes, it's sort of depressing, gritty, real, deep - it's HONEST! Maybe one has be in a certain mindset to see it. I am truly happy it won so many awards last night; the movie deserved every one. The cinematography & directing was amazing! Actors chosen wisely and gave impressive performances. It was all about that self centered part of everyone's personality, the Ego. That's not an easy, or happy, subject to closely observe.