Respected Contributor

We watched Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock on Netflix last night.  Reviews are all over the place, but we were entertained the whole time!  It is a psychological/horror end-of-time movie that we found suspenseful.  If you liked or just "sort of liked" (how we felt) A Quiet Place, you will probably like this one.  

Honored Contributor

I like Sandra Bullock but I thought her talents were wasted in this film.  It started out interesting with a very different concept but those scenes on the river were just too unrealistic. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I like Sandra Bullock but I thought her talents were wasted in this film.  It started out interesting with a very different concept but those scenes on the river were just too unrealistic. 

I agree...the river scenes were unrealistic, but hey...it's a fiction movie, and the rest of the movie was pretty solid, imo.

Trusted Contributor

We watched it. I just thought it was ok.  My crew loved it though.

I am not a huge Sandra B fan so I could take it or leave it.

Respected Contributor

It certainly kept me in my seat. It was disturbing. Unrealistic in any way. But entertaining. I feel like the book would do a better job of pulling you into the story. I plan on reading it. I thought the acting was really good. 

Respected Contributor

My guys watched it last night. They said it was ok...they liked Heriditary much better. Also on Netflix...told me I need to watch that one

Trusted Contributor

i thought it was good... i wanna watch it again...

Trusted Contributor

I liked it. It is hard to follow in the beginning. It is a Netflix movie so I was not expecting amazing realistic scenes, but they did a pretty good job.

I watched it with my son and was I making him crazy with my "stupid questions" (as he laughingly called them).

I pick movies like this apart.

Questions like "OK, so she had the two babies inside in a random house with no way to get anywhere, how did she have enough Pampers? How did she potty train them? How did she this or that...."

My son was saying "Mommmmm, come on...they don't want to focus on stuff like that", heh hehe heh, I drive him nuts watching movies like this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I couldn't finish it.

I walked out when Girl got out of the boat looking for Sandra Bullock.

I'll probably go back and finish it though.

Trusted Contributor

We watched it tonight,  and I really liked it.  It kept me entertained.  My husband didn't like as much.