Honored Contributor

Bingeable Murder Mystery series, Unforgotten

[ Edited ]

This British murder mystery series is on Amazon Prime. Seasons 1-3 are currently available with 6 episodes for each season. Each season British detectives solve one new murder case that took place 20 or more years before a victim's remains are found. Great acting and directing. Good story lines. This was a Masterpiece Mystery series from PBS. Season 4 is not available in the US yet and Season 5 is under production. Highly bingeable. I would not call this a suspenseful edge of your seat thriller. It's more of a detectives solve the case series. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bingeable Murder Mystery series, Unforgotten

@Mindy D - We watched those and liked them. I think we've watched all the good British 'mysteries' so far. Try watching "The Bay." 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Mindy D - We watched those and liked them. I think we've watched all the good British 'mysteries' so far. Try watching "The Bay." 

@Mimi 1883 I will. Thanks for the tip.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 I will. Thanks for the tip.

@Mindy D - I'm sure this goes without saying, but don't miss the first few minutes, as it is instrumental in the series. 😉 They are filming the next installment now, and it will be out spring 2022 (just an FYI.) I'll think of some of the others we watched and liked and let you know if you're interested. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I watched this series quite awhile ago and recall liking it.  One of my favorite (repeat) actresses, Nicola Walker, is in it.  I first saw her in Last Tango in Halifax and have watched her in several other series.  It's like finding an old friend each time she is featured.

Respected Contributor

I liked this series a lot.   Another good one is The Tunnel.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

This British murder mystery series is on Amazon Prime. Seasons 1-3 are currently available with 6 episodes for each season. Each season British detectives solve one new murder case that took place 20 or more years before a victim's remains are found. Great acting and directing. Good story lines. This was a Masterpiece Mystery series from PBS. Season 4 is not available in the US yet and Season 5 is under production. Highly bingeable. I would not call this a suspenseful edge of your seat thriller. It's more of a detectives solve the case series. 

---

I have enjoyed all four series of Unforgotten. If you have not yet watched Series 4, be prepared for a shock at the end. I look forward to Series 5 with much curiosity.

Valued Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I watched this series quite awhile ago and recall liking it.  One of my favorite (repeat) actresses, Nicola Walker, is in it.  I first saw her in Last Tango in Halifax and have watched her in several other series.  It's like finding an old friend each time she is featured.

---

Nicola Walker is such a wonderful actor, both in TV series and on stage. I have seen her in more than a few series over the years, and will watch anything she is in.

Respected Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

---

Nicola Walker is such a wonderful actor, both in TV series and on stage. I have seen her in more than a few series over the years, and will watch anything she is in.

Another Nicola Walker fan; have you watched The Split?

Valued Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

---

Another Nicola Walker fan; have you watched The Split?

---

Yes! That is a good one. I also liked an earlier series, Spooks (called MI5 in the US).

One of the short-term roles where she was very good was a series of Scott and Bailey, where she played someone on the wrong side of the law. 

I feel like she does it all and does it all well.