Respected Contributor

Re: Binge watching---my preference now!

@mousiegirl ...I'm excited FOR you for planning to watch Mad Men and Six Feet Under...two of my all-time favorites.  Incredible, incredible productions. Same with Sopranos. I didn't watch any of these shows in first-run. I didn't watch them on Netflix either. Totally should, just don't know if I can handle it. SFU made me cry a lot lol I loved it SO much, though. 

My only problem with binge-watching is that it take a long time for my mind to let go of ...plays in my head and thoughts for a few days, maddening. 

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@mousiegirl ...I'm excited FOR you for planning to watch Mad Men and Six Feet Under...two of my all-time favorites.  Incredible, incredible productions. Same with Sopranos. I didn't watch any of these shows in first-run. I didn't watch them on Netflix either. Totally should, just don't know if I can handle it. SFU made me cry a lot lol I loved it SO much, though. 

My only problem with binge-watching is that it take a long time for my mind to let go of ...plays in my head and thoughts for a few days, maddening. 

@LizzieInSRQ   I forgot I bought the Sopranos, another to binge watch.  I, too, did not see these originally, except for Six Feet Under, but wanted to see it again so bought it.

Have you seen Nurse Jacklie?  I bought the series due to the reviews here, and was not disappointed, couldn't wait each day for the time to sit down and watch for hours.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

What does BINGE means?

@Dinaki binging is when you watch a whole season in just about one sitting, watching one episode after another, after another, etc.

@Jordan2   I could never watch an entire season at one time, have other things to do, but I have managed 3-4 hours at times, usualy three is the max.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Comcast just started a watchathon week and they have Hulu. I’m going to be bingeing at least the first season of The Handmaid’s Tale. On the lighter side I’m going through Schitt’s Creek on Netflix, but I’m rationing one episode a day because I don’t want it to be over.

@tucsongal   This is a mesmerizing series, watched the three seasons, thought I was finished, but someone said there will be a fourth.

Valued Contributor

wentworth - Netflix Australian womens prison - much better than Orange is the New Black

Sopranos - a classic and still one of the best

Homeland and Cover Affiars - similar themes - female CIA operative - lot of action

Bosch

Vikings and Last Kingdom - Viking period series - better than Game of Thrones IMO

Turn - Spies in the American Revolution - compelling series

Animal Kingdom

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband & I decided to watch the Sopranos.  When my sons lived at home they had all the DVD's (and left them here at home) so it's easy for us to watch the series.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

Comcast just started a watchathon week and they have Hulu. I’m going to be bingeing at least the first season of The Handmaid’s Tale. On the lighter side I’m going through Schitt’s Creek on Netflix, but I’m rationing one episode a day because I don’t want it to be over.

@tucsongal   As funny and light hearted Schitt's Creek is, the *wrap-up party* was a reeeeal tear jerker.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ  I know exactly what you mean, some story lines play in my head for a while, too.

What's really crazy now is, because of the pandemic, I've actually thought to myself, hey why don't they have masks on when they go in the store?  (I mean that is cray zee)

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

wentworth - Netflix Australian womens prison - much better than Orange is the New Black

Sopranos - a classic and still one of the best

Homeland and Cover Affiars - similar themes - female CIA operative - lot of action

Bosch

Vikings and Last Kingdom - Viking period series - better than Game of Thrones IMO

Turn - Spies in the American Revolution - compelling series

Animal Kingdom

@Houstonoilers  Wentworth, that sounds so familiar.  Used to be a *soap opera* sort of story on years and years ago (70's maybe?) called The Women of Cellblock H.  I wonder if it's been re-made.  Will have to look into that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched 2 episodes of Rectify then decided it was not for me.

I am now watching Medici on Netflix. I am on episode 6, season 1. Those Medici brothers are rather nice looking.