Respected Contributor

Binge Watching House Hunters

I'm wondering why the catch phrase with almost every buyer is "Oh Wow?"  It is getting old.

Honored Contributor

Re: Binge Watching House Hunters

Makes for a good drinking game.

Honored Contributor

That's funny - the thing that gets me are the couples who are always complaining that rooms are too small or not "grand enough".   There was one recently who couldn't even think of buying anything but "new build", as she didn't want the vibes or dirt of any previous owners.  Their cleaning wouldn't have been "up to my standards!"  (Of course, they bought a pre-owned home!) 

Or they make remarks about the taste of the previous owners.  I always think that it was someone's home, so they should leave the personal remarks out.

Some of the buyers are so pretentious that I just delete the episode without watching the remainder.  I used to love watching this show just to see the different homes, but I think I've seen enough for now.

Respected Contributor

It's so spacious!

Perfect for entertaining!

Honored Contributor

I only watch if the location is of interest to me.  Love watching the ones in Paris or Italy and in the US, San Francisco, D.C., NYC.  Most locations I'm just not curious about what's for sale--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I only watch if the location is of interest to me.  Love watching the ones in Paris or Italy and in the US, San Francisco, D.C., NYC.  Most locations I'm just not curious about what's for sale--LOL!!

@kaydee50- I love and still watch all the episodes of "House Hunters International".  Some day, when I'm independently wealthy, I'll buy a home in Italy, so it's as well to keep up with the market!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I watch regularly.  There always seems to be a controversy between the couple buying- he wants a new build, she doesn't, he doesn't want projects, she wants a fixer upper, he wants to live near downtown, she wants the suburbs.  It is like that with every couple.

Honored Contributor

The show is fake so they have to make up silly things to say. They just can't spend the time walking through the houses saying nothing. Drama! Lol. They have already purchased their home and the realtor just finds two other homes to take them through.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I watch regularly.  There always seems to be a controversy between the couple buying- he wants a new build, she doesn't, he doesn't want projects, she wants a fixer upper, he wants to live near downtown, she wants the suburbs.  It is like that with every couple.

I know , right ?  It seems like the guys don't want to do any work ( don't buy a house buddy ), they don't want neighbors, and they do a lot of entertaining. On top of that , they want all of the bells and whistles, with a small budget. Can you tell I hate watch this show ? It is so refreshing when they show a realistic couple who are on the same page.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I like to watch them from my DVR  that way I can see the house choices and the "chosen" house. I can fast forward through the buyer part  if they are getting on my nerves.

I'm really interested in the houses anyway.