Honored Contributor

Re: 💲💲 Billions - Season 2 💲💲

I was reading my Entertainment Weekly Magazine on my Iphone at the Dentist office and saw where there's someone on here that is called nonbinary (considers themselves neither male or female.  The actor calls themselves nonbinary.  The magazine said the show didn't set out to hire this actor for that reason, it just happened.  Non-binary's want to be called them or they according to the magazine.  The term is nonbinary gender identifying.  Their name is Asia Kate Dillon.  

I'm curious.  I hope to watch the show but haven't had a chance yet.  Has this character shown up during these first 2 episodes?

I find this fascinating and while I have no problem with this new gender, I have to wonder what is next.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Yes, they were in the first 2 episodes.

Image result for billions, non gender actor

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@BabyYoda

You would think so!  I have a feeling that wify takes care of the finances.

Then again, I  personally do not know any D/s couples to ask. Smiley LOL

SIDEBAR:  Are their 2 children invisible?  I don't remember seeing them in S1.

Axel's boys were seen all over the place in S1.

@Mz iMac I do know some people that are dom/submissive and it is mostly men who are executives that are controlling and have power and they are submissive at home. I could never understand why someone would want to be beaten. To each their own. 

Honored Contributor

"They" is/are (can you tell I'm confused)  the main reason I'd want to watch the show.  Only because the article says this person plays an interesting character.  It's different from any I've seen on TV.

When my late husband was alive I had the opportunity to meet (and for awhile) work with one or two extremely rich males (not Trump rich or these characters rich) but rich like a lot of money.  I knew them superficially socially (they dealt mainly with my husband) as a woman just wasn't seen as 'worthy' of their time.

Most really rich people never use their own money, they use other people's money.  It was interesting the once or twice I met with them (after he died) to see that they weren't much different from the car salesman down the street (only better at selling themselves).

Anyway, this weekend I hope to start watching this show and see what it's all about.  Due to my age (70) and the fact that I am not a wheeler dealer (like my late husband) I sold everything.  I have a feeling just watching some of these idiot males go at each other will make me realize I might be smarter than I thought just because I got out of the rat race.  Ha!

I hope everyone here keeps posting because I admire the insight all of you have into ALL of these shows.  You've made me see things I wouldn't otherwise have thought about or even considered.  I KNOW that will be the case here.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Make sure you binge watch S1 first.  S2 is a continuation/aftermath (chapter 2) of S1.

I really am enjoying this show very much.  I never thought I would be so interested in the "behind closed doors" of the "stock market."  And also how the GA office "picks" their alleged criminal cases to go after.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Make sure you binge watch S1 first.  S2 is a continuation/aftermath (chapter 2) of S1.

I really am enjoying this show very much.  I never thought I would be so interested in the "behind closed doors" of the "stock market."  And also how the GA office "picks" their alleged criminal cases to go after.

@Annabellethecat66I agree with @Mz iMac about the importance of the first season. You won't fully understand all the subtleties and intricacies of these complicated people and their equally complicated relationships without watching it.

"My pronouns are they, them, and their." I agree; it's more than a bit confusing.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique @Mz iMac Thanks for the heads up.  So far I've watched the first 2 episodes.

My late husband was very involved in the stock market.  We actually had a large 'dish' in our back yard so he could watch the stock market in 'real time'.  It was fun sitting with him and buying stock and watching it move.

That stupid dish was a pain in the neck.  It was back in around 1998.  The thing froze up in the winter time with snow or sleet.  He'd go out in the back yard with a pan of hot water to try to 'unfreeze' it!  Ha!

Anyway, after he died there are companies that buy and sell it.  I understand some of it.  That's the part I like about the show.  I do remember that stock brokers were always calling our house.  My husban was big into IPO's.  He bought stock for my daughters (one was GE) and had them follow it.

People don't realize what a fast movie, (I think) cut throat life it is.  Those stock brokers were young and I found them to be rude.  It was all about the almighty dollar.  That much I do remember.

Thanks to both of you for getting me into this show.  I'm sure I'll probably have many questions about the relationships (that's where I go crazy).

I think though I need to just sit and watch most of it at one time so I don't forget it.  You guys are so sweet with your patience.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   are you still watching?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique

Yes I am!

The finale was fantastic!!!!  What an ending for a season finale. 

Axel's wify cleaned out the "safe."  She gonna make sure she gets her half in cash & gold bars.  She & the boys ain't going nowhere & let Axel know.  She played him real smooth for lying to her TWICE!! Smiley LOL

Axel had to use Uber to get home from jail while wify & the boys were playing cards at home. Smiley LOL

Mini Bobby Axel-Taylor is now running the business.

Windy & Chuck are back together.

Kate is now running the crime dept....Chuck's right hand woman.

Bryan working for someone else now or he is a boss in another section of the JD???  I was confused by that part. confused.gif

Can't wait for season 3.  It's going to be DA BOMB!

Honored Contributor

The non binary, is Asia. I just was looking all this up earlier this morning. She does great in her part.