Respected Contributor

Re: Big Sky on ABC November 17th

I like the scenery and like someone said Twin Peaks feel , but i just don't like this human traffiking storyline , if it had been a couple of episodes it would have been ok , but i am out on this series , which is too bad , the actors are really good  , it really doesn't feel like David E Kelley to me , of course this is after watching The undoing , that would be hard to top. Like i said i like the feel to this , but the storyline is a no go for me.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

I don't find it dragging at all - although I can't help but wonder why they just don't kill all the girls.  Had the perfect chance to get rid of one of the sisters last night; it's ridiculous not to have taken it. I KNOW it's for the storyline and a fictional bad guy isn't going to make the same decisions as a real life person.  But it still annoys me.

@Alter Ego   Even though she is badly injured from being shot by the crossbow she is still $$$.

The sisters will bring in money for them when sold; Jerrie may end up being killed unless they find a buyer for him. 

I'm actually surprised that at least the sisters haven't been moved to Canada by now.

@Cakers3 ,I don't think the sisters will bring in any money. The sheriff made a comment someone from Canada will take the girls off their hands with no exchange of money. I really hate these Winter finales, I would rather them start to air the show in January without any interruptions.I noticed last week during the promo they made mention of The Undoing as if that would get you to watch this.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I like the scenery and like someone said Twin Peaks feel , but i just don't like this human traffiking storyline , if it had been a couple of episodes it would have been ok , but i am out on this series , which is too bad , the actors are really good  , it really doesn't feel like David E Kelley to me , of course this is after watching The undoing , that would be hard to top. Like i said i like the feel to this , but the storyline is a no go for me.

I think I'm out, too. I fast forwarded through most of the last episode and decided I wasn't going to waste my time to watch any more of the series. Imo it's rather poorly written and there's no real good storyline.

Honored Contributor

One more episode next week, and the "season" is over.  

I think the girls will be rescued and the two private investigators will go on to their next case ... IF it has another season ....  this is not the usual David Kelly show, by any means.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

I don't find it dragging at all - although I can't help but wonder why they just don't kill all the girls.  Had the perfect chance to get rid of one of the sisters last night; it's ridiculous not to have taken it. I KNOW it's for the storyline and a fictional bad guy isn't going to make the same decisions as a real life person.  But it still annoys me.

@Alter Ego   Even though she is badly injured from being shot by the crossbow she is still $$$.

The sisters will bring in money for them when sold; Jerrie may end up being killed unless they find a buyer for him. 

I'm actually surprised that at least the sisters haven't been moved to Canada by now.

@Cakers3 ,I don't think the sisters will bring in any money. The sheriff made a comment someone from Canada will take the girls off their hands with no exchange of money. I really hate these Winter finales, I would rather them start to air the show in January without any interruptions.I noticed last week during the promo they made mention of The Undoing as if that would get you to watch this.

@Jordan2   True but I think he is worried about all the publicity of the sisters.  Remember they tend to sell off girls who are "not nice" and these sisters are good kids.

Girls involved in pros*i*tion etc. tend never to be reported missing.

These sisters are a big story so he wants to get rid of them because they draw too much attention. 

Although I am surprised he doesn't kill them instead.

I worry about Jerrie, too.  I wonder if there is market for transgender.

I also forgot that Merilee was the sheriff's wife.  I kept thinking where did I see her before.  LOL  She was only in one episode so it didn't click right away.

I didn't like him going upstairs with that hammer at the end, either.Woman Surprised

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 I would assume, in real life, there is a market for transgender. I'm going to get horribly PC and say that there would be a lot of very vocal objections if only the LBGTQ character dies.  Not saying that won't happen; just that I don't think it's likely.  Unless someone else dies, I guess.  

I actually foresee that character having a future on the show as she knows someone who knows the assistant. The girls can just go home.

Respected Contributor

I wonder why Ryan agreed to do only one show , they really need one star power actor or actress to grab you , although the others are great actors , i will read this forum and if they resolve this storyline i would try to watch again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave this one episode and was out. The story line just did not reel me in and neither did the cast. Times are so dark right now anyway, I just don't need or want to sit and watch downer TV. And no, I don't want a steady diet of Hallmark sweetness and light either, but for heaven's sake, media needs to find a middle ground.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I wonder why Ryan agreed to do only one show , they really need one star power actor or actress to grab you , although the others are great actors , i will read this forum and if they resolve this storyline i would try to watch again.

@MW in Iowa it could be he wanted to work with David E. Kelley, his ex Reese has enjoyed working with him. Also this was so shocking and got a lot of attention, It's good for his career.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Cakers3 I would assume, in real life, there is a market for transgender. I'm going to get horribly PC and say that there would be a lot of very vocal objections if only the LBGTQ character dies.  Not saying that won't happen; just that I don't think it's likely.  Unless someone else dies, I guess.  

I actually foresee that character having a future on the show as she knows someone who knows the assistant. The girls can just go home.

@Alter Ego   I really like Jerrie and hope the character remains.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh