Honored Contributor

Re: Big Sky on ABC November 17th

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The show has a Twin Peaks flavor to it. I liked the premiere and will continue to watch.

Yes!  Wasn't that a David Kelly show also?  Thank you.  I've been trying to remember what it reminded me of and you hit the nail on the head.

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow 

Twin Peaks was David Lynch and Mark Frost.

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler ahead:

They may be doing what "This Is Us" does.  We knew early on that Jack was dead, but he plays a big role with the flashbacks so we might be seeing a lot of Cody.  Fine with me!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure Ryan Phillippe was ever supposed to be a mai...

I'm not sure Ryan Phillippe was ever supposed to be a main character on this show.  When they were running the credits, he was listed as a "special guest".  That always implies that the person is not a regular cast member, no?  

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm not sure Ryan Phillippe was ever supposed to be a mai...

[ Edited ]

As I mentioned before, I read the book that this series is based on - The Highway by C.J. Box.

Spoiler
Cody Hoyt (Ryan Phillippe) is dead. Perhaps the series will show Cody in flashbacks, but he's definitely dead. I seem to recall that the character didn't die until later in the book.

Respected Contributor

Brian Geraghty (Ronald) looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place where I saw him before. 

Big Sky' Isn't Based On A True Story, But It Exposes A Scarily Real  Phenomenon

Thanks to Google, I have my answer. He played the co-pilot in the Denzel Washington movie, Flight.

Regular Contributor

Well I'm hooked.  Wouldn't miss it.  

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Brian Geraghty (Ronald) looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place where I saw him before. 

Thanks to Google, I have my answer. He played the co-pilot in the Denzel Washington movie, Flight.

Big Sky did a good job with his character as being a serial killer with the typical serial killer profile of an innocent-looking baby-faced young white male who lives with his momma (whom he hates btw) and momma constantly reminds him of his underachievments in life...she probably will never tell him who his dad really is b/c that dad might be some important guy in the community (like maybe that sheriff?) when she had an affair...just some speculations there I might add. I don't know if I'm close but it's just guessing.

Respected Contributor

Thus far this is a good show.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

He also played a cop in Chicago PD - Sean Roman.

Chicago P.D. - Season 3

Respected Contributor

Was not expecting that ending...

will keep watching for sure...

-Texas Hill Country-