Respected Contributor

Re: Big Sky on ABC November 17th

I watched the first episode and liked it. I'll definitely continue to watch the series.

This series is based on the book by C. J. Box called The Highway. I read the book several months ago and loved it. I've read several of his books and enjoyed all of them.

Honored Contributor

OMG, that ending, I had to pick my jaw up off the ground!

Honored Contributor

I started to watch it and fell asleep.  Ronald (the truck driver) was on Chicago PD for awhile and his mom plays Christina Applegate's MIL on Dead to Me.

I'm not so sure I even want to watch On Demand.  Honestly it seemed rather dark and not sure that's what I'm in the mood for right now.

Respected Contributor

i liked it and they didn't mention Covid, once!

Honored Contributor

I saw it.  I knew the minyute I heard the way that sherrif spoke to the driver stuck in the mud that something was weird about him.  When it ended my husband said "wow, never saw that coming, did you?"  I said I knew ... I told him when it started but he wasn't listening.  I was right.  I'm good at these things but then it spoils it for me cuz I know it's coming.

Honored Contributor

I have it recorded.  I hope it's good and I do enjoy a bit of dark.  I used to really like Criminal Minds.  And, I'm glad to hear it's not one of those shows where there is never any resolution of things.  I hate those and tire of them quickly.  Guess I'll stay away from this thread though until I watch it just in case.  Thanks for not spoiling it.

Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i liked it and they didn't mention Covid, once!

LOL I respectfully disagree.  I swear the cop said something was closed ever since the shutdown (or something to that effect). At least I assumed that was Covid related.  😊

I honestly don't think I've seen a show advertised as much as this one was.  I saw it all over social media, on a variety of different cable stations and it was the home page when I logged into my Fire device to do some streaming!  I decided to give it a try and I liked it.  I kind of liked knowing who the baddies are and following them too. And I was very surprised by that ending!

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 I have it on my DVR and will watch the show in a few minutes.

But what you said went on between you and your husband reminded me of me and my late husband.

Whatever we were watch, especially mysteries, I was always good about figuring out who did what.

I'd never seen a show before but I guess I was always very lucky.

We were married 38 years when he died suddenly.  However, way back he finally got to the point where he'd say in the beginning, "Let's not talk about it and REALLY DO NOT tell me who did it".

I'd say, "I'm just guessing".  He'd say, "Don't even guess because you are usually right".

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I started to watch it and fell asleep.  Ronald (the truck driver) was on Chicago PD for awhile and his mom plays Christina Applegate's MIL on Dead to Me.

I'm not so sure I even want to watch On Demand.  Honestly it seemed rather dark and not sure that's what I'm in the mood for right now.

@Lipstickdiva , thank you!  I could place the truck driver instantly but couldn't remember where I'd recently seen his mom.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I saw it.  I knew the minyute I heard the way that sherrif spoke to the driver stuck in the mud that something was weird about him.  When it ended my husband said "wow, never saw that coming, did you?"  I said I knew ... I told him when it started but he wasn't listening.  I was right.  I'm good at these things but then it spoils it for me cuz I know it's coming.

I knew the sheriff was not what he seemed and involved,  but I didn't expect that.