Honored Contributor

Re: Big Shakeup at Evine

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock

and........so what?

No one said they are going to become ALL Invicta.  Geez.

I watch Evine and order from them so I know what they have and what they sell.  Invicta is on A LOT!!!!!!!    

No one on here has a crystal ball but many of us have common sense.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@alarmclock

and........so what?

I watch Evine and order from them so I know what they have and what they sell.  Invicta is on A LOT!!!!!!!    

No one said the words but the sarcasm came though loud and clear.

Not too sure about that common sense.  I see lots of closed minds on here.  People that have no idea that other people with other ideas even exist.

Why not give it a chance and see what happens?

Oh, no.  We cannot do that.  We have to run it in the ground as soon as possible.

Yeah, that's constructive.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@alarmclock

and........so what?

No one said the words but the sarcasm came though loud and clear.

Not too sure about that common sense.  I see lots of closed minds on here.  People that have no idea that other people with other ideas even exist.

Why not give it a chance and see what happens?

Oh, no.  We cannot do that.  We have to run it in the ground as soon as possible.

Yeah, that's constructive.

Who says people won't give it a chance?  It's just an observation/opinion.  And people make suppositions about what direction things are going based on less information than that.  I don't understand such passion.  

Honored Contributor

As long as they still offer ISOMERS, Consulte and high-end jewelry, I don't care how many watch shows they have. The majority of the time I order from my wish-list based on the sales (including flash sales) not from watching a show. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love evine and think they are a great shopping channel.

Stopped wearing watches was that time was start to pass to fast and I was living by alarms and bells (Teacher)

That being said been wearing different Fitbits for 2 years that I got as a gift and got addicted to it.

Watches are a beautiful fashion statement.

I digress

Esteemed Contributor

Evine is in financial trouble. Let's see if the latest round of musical chairs in the executive suite will make any difference.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry hate watches, DH has 7 now seems men love watches, he even got one from them time all around the world, we don't leave the state. I have cell phone, micro wave, clock on fireplace mantel, car has clock how many do I need plus we are retired. I do think Evine isn't doing well maybe watches is their best selling products. Think QVC &HSN is pushing Evine out. I hardly ever watch Evine. 

Honored Contributor

I quit wearing watches when I got tired of having to buy new batteries.

I have some beautiful watches, too.

And don't ever replace all the batteries at one time!

They all die at the same time.

I like a watch with a big face.

I have 3 that I choose from, when I do wear.

One is my late DHs gold Seiko

One is an Ecclissi.   The band is 3 black chains.   It's gorgeous & it goes well with my black spinels

Another is a sterling & steel Swedish brand, name escapes me.  Gift from work.

So there's a gold, silver & black.   It's all I need.

I don't always want to be obvious looking at my phone.

But almost everywhere I go, there's a clock -  phone, car, computer, everywhere.

The overkill on Invicta turns me off.

I still miss Allison Waggoner from Evine

Respected Contributor

Re: Big Shakeup at Evine

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why people are jumping to conclusions about how Evine is just going to be selling Invicta watches?

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

Not to mention giving the new people a chance to do something.

Tough crowd to say the least.

@alarmclock  Many posters on here don't watch Evine or if they tune in, tune right out. It's generally seen as the bottom of the barrel for home TV shopping in regards to products and hosts. 

I buy quite a bit from Evine, mostly their fashions. They almost always have good prices on clothes, I find the quality comparable to what I'd get at Kohl's and similar stores, and they offer a lot of unique pieces if that's your style. 

Their fashion shows are big sellers and they've increased that programming, I seriously doubt they would dump that or their other popular lines to become all Invicta.

I buy Waterford from them all the time.  That's what I give for Christmas presents, personal and business, every year.

Their clothing prices are normal compared to QVC and yes, their shipping is high but added together still cheaper than QVC.

Not sure if you caught what I was saying about Invicta.  I am not the person saying they will become the Invicta channel.

These people that are now going to be in charge have a wealth of experience.  To see them coming to Evine means they see something there worth working on.

Some are quick to judge and poke fun.

Not me.

Evine is most certainly NOT the bottom of the barrel.  Some need to see what they sell and then comment.  Since when has Karl Lagerfeld been at the bottom of the barrel?

Uh, never.

It's just like people dragging HSN.  HSN got rid of Tootie decades ago but that's what unaware people still think of.

Sad.  Very sad.

They will come on here and complain about QVC but will they take a look at anyone else?

Uh, never.

@alarmclock Just to clarify, I don't think Evine is the bottom of the barrel. I prefer them to QVC and HSN because the pricing is better, the value pays are better, regardless of shipping, and the majority of the hosts don't have me running for the mute button. And no, Karl Lagerfeld or Versace or Waterford wouldn't be on Evine if they thought it was crass. So I also don't get dragging this channel over another. At least Evine is getting out orders quicker.

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why people are jumping to conclusions about how Evine is just going to be selling Invicta watches?

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

Not to mention giving the new people a chance to do something.

Tough crowd to say the least.

@alarmclock  Many posters on here don't watch Evine or if they tune in, tune right out. It's generally seen as the bottom of the barrel for home TV shopping in regards to products and hosts. 

I buy quite a bit from Evine, mostly their fashions. They almost always have good prices on clothes, I find the quality comparable to what I'd get at Kohl's and similar stores, and they offer a lot of unique pieces if that's your style. 

Their fashion shows are big sellers and they've increased that programming, I seriously doubt they would dump that or their other popular lines to become all Invicta.

I buy Waterford from them all the time.  That's what I give for Christmas presents, personal and business, every year.

Their clothing prices are normal compared to QVC and yes, their shipping is high but added together still cheaper than QVC.

Not sure if you caught what I was saying about Invicta.  I am not the person saying they will become the Invicta channel.

These people that are now going to be in charge have a wealth of experience.  To see them coming to Evine means they see something there worth working on.

Some are quick to judge and poke fun.

Not me.

Evine is most certainly NOT the bottom of the barrel.  Some need to see what they sell and then comment.  Since when has Karl Lagerfeld been at the bottom of the barrel?

Uh, never.

It's just like people dragging HSN.  HSN got rid of Tootie decades ago but that's what unaware people still think of.

Sad.  Very sad.

They will come on here and complain about QVC but will they take a look at anyone else?

Uh, never.

@alarmclock Just to clarify, I don't think Evine is the bottom of the barrel. I prefer them to QVC and HSN because the pricing is better, the value pays are better, regardless of shipping, and the majority of the hosts don't have me running for the mute button. And no, Karl Lagerfeld or Versace or Waterford wouldn't be on Evine if they thought it was crass. So I also don't get dragging this channel over another. At least Evine is getting out orders quicker.

THIS.

A MILLION TIMES.