Honored Contributor
I have several Invicta watches and love them. I am not going to look for my phone to see what time it is. Sometimes I forget my phone. My watch is part of the jewelry I wear. I have Invicta, Victoria weick,. One from hsn . My favorite is one from Invicta. It seems there is stuff going on at all the channels.
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Just because one of them is with Invicta does not mean that person does not have the ability to run a different business!

Very narrow minded view.

@alarmclock, not just one.  There's at least two.  Who knows if there's not more already on the board.  And, if they haven't divested their interests in the other company, which it doesn't appear they have done, one or the other is going to take precedence.  CEO probably trumps Vice Chairman.

"While naming Peterman CEO, Evine also appointed Eyal Lalo, Invicta CEO, as vice chairman, a board role designed to work in close association with the CEO. In addition, Evine named Michael Friedman, a longstanding Invicta partner, to Evine’s board. Bob Rosenblatt, Evine’s former CEO, will remain on the company’s board, where he will assist in the management transition and contribute to Evine’s strategy."

Again, so what?

Can the head of QVC do more than just work at QVC?

Yes.

Can the head of Amazon only work at Amazon?

No.

They have skills and those skills can be used anywhere.

These people have education and experience.  They are not one trick ponies.

Trusted Contributor

Can anyone please tell my why people are jumping to conclusions about how Evine is just going to be selling Invicta watches?

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

Not to mention giving the new people a chance to do something.

Tough crowd to say the least.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Shakeup at Evine

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

Can anyone please tell my why people are jumping to conclusions about how Evine is just going to be selling Invicta watches?

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

@alarmclock, no one said anything about Evine just selling Invicta watches.  Where did you get that from?   A few said they will probably be selling them more often.  And this first paragraph from the article would be the reason why some people think that.

Evine Live has appointed a new CEO and made a deal with its largest and most tenured vendor, The Invicta Watch Group (IWG), which will give the supplier a significant role in the multichannel retailer’s operations.  

Respected Contributor

I cannot believe how often and how many shows of those watches are on!!

I see them, I keep going lol  I dont wear a watch since I got a smartphone!

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Like the guitars and coins on HSN, I will never understand how those continue to get prime time hours.

I am a Disney fan and when I read on here that Invicta had Disney watches, I did buy 1 and I love it.  I also bought a cheapo set with different color straps.

@VaBelle35, I was just thinking the other day that I cannot remember the last time I saw a guitar being sold on HSN.  In fact, there is only one in inventory on HSN and it's an NFL licensed guitar.    

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

Did you read the article? See below.   Eyal is the CEO of Invicta.  He just propped up Evine with a $4M investment and he is now vice chairman of their board.    He made his fortune by selling Invicta on Snbc which morphed into Evine.  Through all of it's many changes in ownership and management; Invicta has been a constant.  Invicta is like printing money so it's not a leap to think that we will see more Invicta shows while the new Evine tries to right the ship.  Of course, we don't know if that will happen but I'd bet my last dollar that Evine brings in more cash from an hour of Invicta than do from 6 hours of any other product they sell.  Which is why....there are so many Invicta shows.

" Invicta CEO Eyal Lalo, 44, whose investment company sank $4 million into the stock, was named vice chair of the board. Another associate, Michael Friedman, whose company is the exclusive TV shopping distributor for Invicta products, also will join the board." 

Respected Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

@alarmclock  Many posters on here don't watch Evine or if they tune in, tune right out. It's generally seen as the bottom of the barrel for home TV shopping in regards to products and hosts. 

I buy quite a bit from Evine, mostly their fashions. They almost always have good prices on clothes, I find the quality comparable to what I'd get at Kohl's and similar stores, and they offer a lot of unique pieces if that's your style. 

Their fashion shows are big sellers and they've increased that programming, I seriously doubt they would dump that or their other popular lines to become all Invicta.

Trusted Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

@alarmclock  Many posters on here don't watch Evine or if they tune in, tune right out. It's generally seen as the bottom of the barrel for home TV shopping in regards to products and hosts. 

I buy quite a bit from Evine, mostly their fashions. They almost always have good prices on clothes, I find the quality comparable to what I'd get at Kohl's and similar stores, and they offer a lot of unique pieces if that's your style. 

Their fashion shows are big sellers and they've increased that programming, I seriously doubt they would dump that or their other popular lines to become all Invicta.

I buy Waterford from them all the time.  That's what I give for Christmas presents, personal and business, every year.

Their clothing prices are normal compared to QVC and yes, their shipping is high but added together still cheaper than QVC.

Not sure if you caught what I was saying about Invicta.  I am not the person saying they will become the Invicta channel.

These people that are now going to be in charge have a wealth of experience.  To see them coming to Evine means they see something there worth working on.

Some are quick to judge and poke fun.

Not me.

Evine is most certainly NOT the bottom of the barrel.  Some need to see what they sell and then comment.  Since when has Karl Lagerfeld been at the bottom of the barrel?

Uh, never.

It's just like people dragging HSN.  HSN got rid of Tootie decades ago but that's what unaware people still think of.

Sad.  Very sad.

They will come on here and complain about QVC but will they take a look at anyone else?

Uh, never.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Where did you read this?

Talk about assumptions.

@alarmclock, no one said anything about Evine just selling Invicta watches.  Where did you get that from?   A few said they will probably be selling them more often.  And this first paragraph from the article would be the reason why some people think that.

Evine Live has appointed a new CEO and made a deal with its largest and most tenured vendor, The Invicta Watch Group (IWG), which will give the supplier a significant role in the multichannel retailer’s operations.  

And?

That DOES NOT mean they are going to become the Invicta Channel!  It means they will have a say in what the channel does.  Not at all the same thing.

As for your question:  Look at the posts!  

Everyone must have a crystal ball so they know exactly what is going to happen.

I will bet most do not even know about the products Evine carries right now.  Jumping to conclusions is so much easier than actually looking, listening and paying attention.