Honored Contributor

I'm so obsessed with the time I wear my watch to bed.  There is a clock right next to the TV screen so I can judge how far along in the plot they are.  As for Invicta, I bought a cheap one once and two jewelers politely told me it couldn't be fixed.  Then I bought a Baby Lupah and hated the look.  That was the end of that.  Evine's jewelry prices are going up.  They dumped Paul Deasy and gave someone else the Gem Insider title.  I must be one of the only Paul Deasy fans in the country, but that move didn't sit well with me.  I think this network is pretty much doomed, how many changes in management have they had in the past few years?  I notice their logo on my Google home page has changed yet AGAIN.  

Respected Contributor

I guess for the Invicta watch groupies, it is a good thing.

For anyone else, not.

I just do not get anyone that collects and has this huge assortment from which to chose from on a daily basis. To each his/her own. (That is what some say about my jewelry I am sure ... hahaha!)

The few people I do know that actually still wear a watch have a nicer dress watch and then a more sporty casual everyday kind of one.

*****Well, more to the point - Evine has become increasingly a shopping disaster. Lost me as a customer awhile back already. Which is a shame, since I gave them quite a bit of my money on jewelry/clothing sales over the years,

Businesses just seem seem to think they can change this and that for awhile and then do try something else for awhile and make everything OK.

Well... no... that  logic is not fixing anything over there on that network.

Yep, bring on more watches Evine! And, let’s see where you go from here! 😂

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Evine just doesn't get it.  They are only going alienate customers as long as they continue the riduculous $6.99 shipping charge for a tiny piece of jewelry and revise their hostile customer service policies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Like the guitars and coins on HSN, I will never understand how those continue to get prime time hours.

I am a Disney fan and when I read on here that Invicta had Disney watches, I did buy 1 and I love it.  I also bought a cheapo set with different color straps.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

If Evine does not wake up soon and try to improve their line up and products offered,  they will be out of business before you know it.  How many time can you have those watches and Consult Beauty on?   I think several of the brands they lost must have seen the writing on the wall.    So BORING.  The ONLY thing I purchase from them now are some of the Joyce Giraud products.

Honored Contributor

Count me as one who never wears watches as serious timepieces.  I stopped doing that about 15 years ago, or whenever I got my first smart phone.  I only wear my fashion watches as I would any bracelet, as a jewelry accessory.  They are all frozen in time.

As for being embarrassed, no one I know would ever judge or feel that's a weird thing. My smart-phone is always in a very convenient slip or zippered pocket in the handbag I'm carrying.  That's one of the crucial things I look for before I buy any handbag -- the ultra-convenient pocket to slip out my cell phone. 

On the occasions I do ask someone for the time, 9 out of 10 times they whip out their cell phone.

Honored Contributor

I wear a watch everyday for the time.  I have even turned around and gone back home to get a watch if I forget to put it on.  I own a ton of watches. Some of them are better than others but then to me, a watch that is $100.00 or more is a good watch.  I have $20.00 watches and those I consider fashion watches.

I know many people don't bother with watches anymore since they have cell phones.  To me personally, my cell is in my purse and I don't want to dig it out just to see the time.  It's much easier for me to glance at my wrist.  However, if I was so inclined or kept my phone in my pocket, there certainly isn't anything to "crank" up.  All I have to do is hit 1 button and my phone lights and the time is displayed.  My phone is always on.  LOL

I would never notice if someone's watch is on the right time or not.  Who's up in someone's grill like that?  

Honored Contributor

Evine needs a complete overhaul and they need to get on board with a better s/h deal.

I turned in over the weekend to watch some Serious Skincare and was shocked that almost every item had a $6.99 s/h charge.  That is nuts.

As for thos Invicta watches, they sell those on every cruise ship out there and they can often be found at places like TJMaxx, Marshalls and Steinmart.

Trusted Contributor

Just because one of them is with Invicta does not mean that person does not have the ability to run a different business!

Very narrow minded view.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Just because one of them is with Invicta does not mean that person does not have the ability to run a different business!

Very narrow minded view.

@alarmclock, not just one.  There's at least two.  Who knows if there's not more already on the board.  And, if they haven't divested their interests in the other company, which it doesn't appear they have done, one or the other is going to take precedence.  CEO probably trumps Vice Chairman.

"While naming Peterman CEO, Evine also appointed Eyal Lalo, Invicta CEO, as vice chairman, a board role designed to work in close association with the CEO. In addition, Evine named Michael Friedman, a longstanding Invicta partner, to Evine’s board. Bob Rosenblatt, Evine’s former CEO, will remain on the company’s board, where he will assist in the management transition and contribute to Evine’s strategy."