Trusted Contributor

Re: Big OOPS! On Leave It To Beaver

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Don’t think I’ll lose any sleep over this, but I’m not ashamed to admit I watched the show every morning until I found out GAC Family Channel shows a mini marathon of Father’s Knows Best daily that also starts @ 8am. Not a big fan of Bud, but generally speaking enjoy the shows.

I was watching Father Knows Best on FETV, which they just replaced with the Beverly Hillbillies.  Then I found GAC in the last month, and they are running Father Knows Best, and some really old ones I hadn't seen.  

I have to go back to FETV to watch Hazel at 9 am which is now followed by Leave It To Beaver, so I've been watching that, too.

Nothing like starting your day, every day, with a trip back to 1960. I don't know why, but I feel like it grounds me.

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker  When Hazel was on originally I thought it was horribly cornball and wouldn't be caught dead watching it. Now I DVR a lot of it and thoroughly enjoy it. Never cared much for Father Knows Best. I did get a kick out of Bud though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I actually read Gone with the Wind, years ago.  The movie ignored a lot of Scarlett's life that was in the book.  To include all that would have made the movie even longer and more complicated.  But as I was reading it, I remember thinking, "Wait, what ?????" LOL.

Interesting you should mention that.   I was in another country, decades ago, in a situation where I could only get a limited amount of things to read that were in English.   This was one of them.

I actually read the book well before seeing the movie and, while at this point I remember very little due to memory challenges I'm having, I remember when I saw the movie that it , in my view, was nowhere as good as the book.  I was surprised at how much the movie was lauded and wondered if anybody else had read the book first.

Of all the movies I've seen that were based on books, I think that 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' is the only movie I've seen that was as good as thebook.

@chickenbutt   I feel that way about Papillon.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I watch Beaver most mornings. This week they got back to Season 1 which I was happy about. When Wally and Beaver get older it's just not as good to me. And I like Larry Mondello who disappears after the first few seasons lol 

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I actually read Gone with the Wind, years ago.  The movie ignored a lot of Scarlett's life that was in the book.  To include all that would have made the movie even longer and more complicated.  But as I was reading it, I remember thinking, "Wait, what ?????" LOL.

Interesting you should mention that.   I was in another country, decades ago, in a situation where I could only get a limited amount of things to read that were in English.   This was one of them.

I actually read the book well before seeing the movie and, while at this point I remember very little due to memory challenges I'm having, I remember when I saw the movie that it , in my view, was nowhere as good as the book.  I was surprised at how much the movie was lauded and wondered if anybody else had read the book first.

Of all the movies I've seen that were based on books, I think that 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' is the only movie I've seen that was as good as thebook.

@chickenbutt   I feel that way about Papillon.

Ooh, Papillon is one of my top 5 all-time favorite movies.  I wonder if the book is avilable for purchase.   I actually met a guy who worked with Steve McQueen and he brought me a pic from Papillon that Steve autographed.  Gee, I wonder where that is.   Pretty cool, though, and it was really nice of him to do that for me.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@GrailSeeker  When Hazel was on originally I thought it was horribly cornball and wouldn't be caught dead watching it. Now I DVR a lot of it and thoroughly enjoy it. Never cared much for Father Knows Best. I did get a kick out of Bud though.

I liked it back in the day (Hazel) when I was a kid, but I really enjoy it now.  I have several dvr'd and one of my favorites is *Dorothy's Birthday*.   I don't care for the newer ones where the Baxter's were kicked to the curb and the younger players came on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Should have said My Three Sons in my post above not My Three Sins. No edit feature when posting from my phone!

@Kindaglitzy LOL, I was going to ask you what your three sins were.  Not sharing mine though .....!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I loved, and have, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Hazel, The Donna Reed show, and on and on.  I have almost the complete Ozzie & Harriet series, over 300 episodes, still love that show, still very funny to this day, and the eight Christmas episodes are my favorites, but I have many.

Honored Contributor

The biggest oops for me is the final episode of LITB in which they are looking through their family photo album. There is a "snapshot" of Beaver and Larry reading his sister's private diary - of course Mrs Mondello catches them. How on earth could there be visual evidence of that scene? It would have made more sense to include the episode where Beaver made a funny face on his class picture.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I'm not ashamed to say I record a lot of these reruns! Watch one this a.m. and saw something that bugs me everytime. The family is looking over an itinerary of a trip Beaver will be taking with his class.

June mentions Peachtree Street and says "Oh that's where Scarlett O'Hara was born"!!! It's obvious neither she nor the writers knew much about the book!

Scarlett was born at Tara, the family planation but lived on that street durig the civil war. That is so glaring I'm amazed no one fixed it.

@Love my grandkids I have read the book, and seen the long long long movie many times.  To me?  Who would think of that?  And makes no difference really.