Trusted Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies season finale- possible spoilers

I was underwhelmed with season 2.  Nothing really happened.  If this is the end of the series, they should have ended it after season 1 which was much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I was expecting a more explosive breakdown, but Meryl’s subtlety on the stand should be commended. I was expecting a little more story to her son’s death, but I guess it made more sense versus either her or Perry actually murdering him.

I just don’t understand why Renata engages with Mary Louise, although we did get a great tirade from her (loved “judgy judger!), only to have Mary Louise get the last word in the scene, taking Renata’s coffee because they were going to the same place. LOL It was still nice to get Renata back to form in this episode, even though I still think they really changed her marriage dynamic too much from last season for the sake of storyline.

I really would like a 3rd season just to get the fallout from (what seems obviously) Bonnie’s confession. But, I agree it could be a fine series finale - albeit one in which you, the viewer, assumes your own ending.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a “Lost” fanatic, but was extremely disappointed with the last two seasons, and the final episode made me sick!

I think they had new writers come in and they gave us the ending that was always promised would not happen.  It ruined the whole series for me.  In fact one of my daughters gave me the entire CD collection as a present and I have never even unwrapped it.

@gidgetgh 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I've read that there won't be a season 3 because the lead actors are too busy with other work. That in spite of the small number of episodes BLL is a demanding shoot.

Since it says possible spoilers I assume people who don't want it spoiled won't look? Or are we supposed to use the spoiler thing?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I've read that there won't be a season 3 because the lead actors are too busy with other work. That in spite of the small number of episodes BLL is a demanding shoot.

Since it says possible spoilers I assume people who don't want it spoiled won't look? Or are we supposed to use the spoiler thing?

@Greeneyedlady21  I read the same thing about season 3. Nicole said they've all become good friends and enjoy working together but she's working on another show.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   

There are many reasons why there won't be a season three.  In case you're interested I outlined the ones we know about in @LTT1  's thread since it's the original.

@colliemom4   I know you're reading that thread too.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

Renata definitely had the best lines and Laura Dern delivered them perfectly!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Renata was the star of this season, ditto Laura Dern even with Meryl on board. In my fantasy life I go full on Renata on some people in my life. Oh how I would love to.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't like the ending, they left the door open for a season 3. Sometimes you go to the well too often, this should have been a one and done.

Respected Contributor

I just watched final episode and I loved it.  Great series, great actors, beautiful scenery I enjoyed every minute of it - no analyzing for  me just pure entertainment.

The ending music loved Willie Nelson/Paula Nelson duet and Janice wow!  Wish there could be another season but I did enjoy this.