Respected Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies- opinions?

I read the book.  This was a slow burn book so it probably will be a slow burn mini series.  A good story with a pay off.

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl

She is supposed to be spacey!  Spacey in book also.

Valued Contributor

I don't like any of the characters but I'm watching because I live on the Monterey Peninsula and like trying to figure out where they are in all the shots. Like the bar with all the firepits inside - I don't know where that one is but it looks fantastic. Of course, all the people are rich and unhappy, except the new friend who is struggling with the kid who might have a borderline personality disorder. Reese Witherspoon sure is pretty, but she is a real mouthy woman in the show!! It's kind of like "The Affair" for me: don't like anyone in it, but watch anyway to see what happens.

Valued Contributor

Based on all the promotion, I thought I would love it. I don't love it, but I'll continue watching. I'm just curious enough to want to learn how it ends. (No, I haven't read the book.) The comments about the gorgeous homes and scenery?? ITA!

Honored Contributor

I have not read the book, but so far the show is very good, I really like it-great cast!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anybody still watching this show???  The March 5th show was strange!!  The "abuse then s*x"  couple is so sick -- that husband might be the one to get killed! Am still confused as to Siggy's mother's circumstances.  Will keep plugging along ....am anxious to find out about the murder!

Honored Contributor

I can now say after a couple of episodes that I really like it....I think they all play their roles really well, especially Nicole and Reese, and it move along well, so I am sticking with it!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I think they are doing a pretty good job with it.  I read the book, so I am struggling with the jump from Australia to Monterey, but other than that, I'm liking it.  It's only 7 episodes, so I can see it through to the end.

Honored Contributor

I didn't like it at first but I gave it another shot, re-watched the first two episodes and I really like it!  Just had to get used to the different setting.  It follows the book very well, I thought that in episode three last night it really got going. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I didn't like it at first but I gave it another shot, re-watched the first two episodes and I really like it!  Just had to get used to the different setting.  It follows the book very well, I thought that in episode three last night it really got going. 

Looks like I am going to be reading the book after watching....