Honored Contributor

Big Little Lies: What are your guesses? (no spoilers!!!)

I read the book so I know all.  I'd love to read people's guesses.  NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!    Some people are so clever at figuring these things out.  And Liane Moriarty is a great writer so no shame if you can't.   (I was waaay off on every single thing LOL!)

Just for fun, please post your guesses.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies: What are your guesses? (no spoilers!!!)

[ Edited ]

My guess is I never believed it was Janes son, he is too kind and loving. But I believe Celeste's kids somehow know their father hits her and they may think it's ok. Maybe I'm over analyzing it. And I have no guess yet on who died. 

Edit - I wanted to add that Amabella's bite mark shows small teeth and Ziggy's front teeth are big. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak, thanks!  Interesting!  No further comment LOL.

I hope more people post and hope they're not afraid of being wrong.  There's no shame in being wrong especially when you watch a mystery. 

Trusted Contributor

I love your question, and I honestly have no idea.

My daughter-in-law feels that the twins are the bullies and not Ziggy (that seems like an obvious guess, but who knows?).

She also feels that in some way, Celeste's husband is

connected to Jane.  She thinks that once they meet, it will

be a shocking realization.  I like this over-the-top guess, but

not sure of anything myself.

I love the series, and was in Monterey yesterday and couldn't

stop thinking about all the characters.

I'm still trying to figure out why Jane came to Monterey in the first place.  So many unknowns.

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California, thanks!!!

I hearted your post and that of @qvcfreak because you bravely gave your guesses.  My hearts have nothing to do with whether they're right or wrong!

Respected Contributor

I think Celeste's husband is the man that assaulted Jane and is Ziggy's dad, which is why they haven't ever met in the show thus far. They will in the final episode and something will happen (my guess is Jane or Celeste kills him, but not sure on that yet). I also think one or both of the twins is the bully. (Come on kids know when this stuff is happening, especially when it's as violent and severe as their relationship is!). Can't wait to find out next week!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I think Celeste's husband is the man that assaulted Jane and is Ziggy's dad, which is why they haven't ever met in the show thus far. They will in the final episode and something will happen (my guess is Jane or Celeste kills him, but not sure on that yet). I also think one or both of the twins is the bully. (Come on kids know when this stuff is happening, especially when it's as violent and severe as their relationship is!). Can't wait to find out next week!

I think this is a really good guess.......I just love this show and will be very sad when it ends.....I read where Truly, Madly, Guilty is going to be the next book made into a mini-series......... 

Respected Contributor

I never thought of Celeste's husband being Ziggy's dad. But I think you super sleuths are onto the truth.  He is such a violent character, so this would make sense.

It also makes sense that the twins are the bullies.  They most likely pick up the violence from home (even though the parents think they are getting by with it).

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori

Just saw the last episode!  Whew!

In case others haven't watched it yet, I will say no more.

Such a well acted and well written series!

Super Contributor

I didn't guess who the perp was but I did guess right about who

was dead.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥