Honored Contributor

US Weekly is now reporting that former Big Brother houseguests are being recruited for BB 22 as an all-star year. This makes sense as Survivor just finished an all-star year and Julie dressed up as former houseguests much of the fall on Twitter hinting that an all-star year was coming.

Reportedly they'll be put in sequester for two weeks to ensure they're virus-free. Uh, guys? Unless you're putting each one on a desert island all by themselves or putting them in bubble-boy outfits that won't work. A typical sequester takes place in a hotel and hotels and the prospective houseguests have room service, maid service, the houseguests go to the pool/gym, go shopping, get interviewed by the press, psychologists, doctors, and production. There's typically quite a bit of human contact even in sequester. More contact means more risk of exposure. Just testing them and then dumping them into the house might be wiser.

We're probably looking at a later start date if the US Weekly report is accurate. (A big if by the way. Lots of misinformation gets circulated about BB.) A two-week sequester and a typical week in the house before the first show airs would make it three weeks from the first day of the sequester. The original airdate was likely to be June 24th. For that to still be the airdate with a two-week sequester and week before airing, the houseguests would have had to be sequestered last Wednesday. 

We should be hearing more on a fairly regular basis now. Each day gets us closer to the start of the new season, whenever that will be. Expect lots of news in the coming days/weeks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Lots and lots of rumors of which former houseguests are returning. There seems to be a lot of near-certainty/guesswork that this will be an all retread cast. I don't know how much we can believe anything just yet, but we should be hearing more in the not too distant future. 

Paul (two-time loser) is being widely reported as being cast. Seeing him in a season without sheep obeying his every command could be entertaining.

A few from BBOTT could be added also in Alex Willett or her sister Morgan, possibly both, and Justin also from BBOTT has been mentioned. I doubt if poor Kryssie has recovered from her blood loss in the wall comp in BBOTT to be able to compete just yet. The poor thing. Shelby from BBOTT could be interesting also. 

Some are mentioning Frankie being back, but I hope that's wrong. 

We should know more in the coming days. If they're going to quarantine them for two full weeks then put them in the house for a week of filming before airing the first show, they'll have to round them up pretty soon. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Got the email about All Stars too. Hope so of course they said Julie Chen will host. I am ready. Paul coming back again after 2 times not feeling it, Morgan won so she shouldn't have another chance. Yes Kryssie is still healing her wounds so let her continue to heal LOL please no. Frankie ok, So many other good choices they could do. What about some of the ones from last season? Tommy the dancer, his friend Chrissy?? I have to go back to remember their names, the older guy from Texas that loved What a burger. 

Respected Contributor

Cliff the older guy ok if he doesn't win, Nicole of course please bring her back we loved her, remember Kathryn?? she was with Jackson but got rid of her fast, David poor guy voted off fast tried to come back Kemi too. It will be interesting to see which of the All Stars they pick. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel 

I'd be okay with Cliff, Nicole or Kat. I liked all three. It'll be interesting to see how far back they go for a cast. This is year twenty for BB so they have lots of options. Do they bring back someone from each season? Do they let the fans vote? We'll have to see. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't mind anyone except Paul, Frankie or Jackson.  Enough with Paul...he had two chances and I can't tolerate another season of his domination.  There are many to choose from and might be available during this quarandine time.

Honored Contributor

The online BB forums are getting very active with lots of speculation on who will be in the new cast. Some think the cast is already in sequester while others are predicting a much later start. 

I have no clue what'll happen or when, but it'll be interesting to see. Given how bad the cast was for BB Canada this year, an All-Star cast should be an improvement. 

They've got twenty years of regular BB casts, one season of BBOTT, and two years of celebrity BB also to choose from if they go with an All-Star cast. None of the celebrities were such big celebrities or have had their careers take off, so production could sneak one or two into an All-Stars cast. Ross and Shannon Elizabeth in season one were huge BB fans who might give a regular-season of BB a shot. It's a whole different game than what they'd played.

I'm guessing there have been about 300-ish people who have played some form of the US version of BB in one of the three formats (BBOTT, BB, Celeb BB.) A quick count shows the number to be about 305. So, out of 305 (or so) possible players, they need to find 16 who are healthy and willing to go back in. It shouldn't be too hard.

Of course, they could be going with all newbies and faking us out with all the talk of an all-star season. Who knows? 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The online BB forums are getting very active with lots of speculation on who will be in the new cast. Some think the cast is already in sequester while others are predicting a much later start. 

I have no clue what'll happen or when, but it'll be interesting to see. Given how bad the cast was for BB Canada this year, an All-Star cast should be an improvement. 

They've got twenty years of regular BB casts, one season of BBOTT, and two years of celebrity BB also to choose from if they go with an All-Star cast. None of the celebrities were such big celebrities or have had their careers take off, so production could sneak one or two into an All-Stars cast. Ross and Shannon Elizabeth in season one were huge BB fans who might give a regular-season of BB a shot. It's a whole different game than what they'd played.

I'm guessing there have been about 300-ish people who have played some form of the US version of BB in one of the three formats (BBOTT, BB, Celeb BB.) A quick count shows the number to be about 305. So, out of 305 (or so) possible players, they need to find 16 who are healthy and willing to go back in. It shouldn't be too hard.

Of course, they could be going with all newbies and faking us out with all the talk of an all-star season. Who knows? 

I would like to see some of the people who were voted out either first or second from their season and see how they would play when given a chance.

Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I would like to see some of the people who were voted out either first or second from their season and see how they would play when given a chance.

That could be interesting as many of them are little more than ghosts to fans of the show. I really feel sorry for those who get the boot early. The whole casting process takes months and is pretty grueling then you're in and out in a matter of hours. 

Some walk into the house, set their bag on a bed, gather in the living room for the champagne-fueled "who the heck are you?" meeting. Then Julie pops up on the screen and sends them out for their first comp. You lose and a few minutes later you're walking out the door with your still packed bag to meet Julie. Months of auditions, interviews, screenings, and testing and you're in and out in almost no time at all and then have to watch everyone else for three months.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

If you believe ED, and he's often wrong, then Dan and Derrick are both playing and are already working together on a strategy to get the two of them far in the game. Good luck with that if it's true. You'd have to be braindead to keep either of those two a day longer than absolutely necessary.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!