Honored Contributor

We should know something in the next two weeks or so. I believe last year the show started airing on June 25th. The players would have entered the house a week earlier on or about the 18th. They would have been in sequester a week or so before that. That would put their key ceremony and being flown to LA about the tenth of June. We're about two weeks out from the tenth of June now, so we should get some hints about the start in that general period. If we've heard nothing in three weeks you can probably assume there will be a delayed start. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

so excited !!  THANKS Gardenman !!  

Honored Contributor

I went back and double-checked and BB did start airing on the 25th of June last year, so we're in the window where we should hear something official fairly soon. CBS has said they're planning to air BB this summer, but they have to wait for California to give the go-ahead.

Looking at the calendar, it's likely this year's season was due to start on the 24th which would have been the last Wednesday in June. BB typically starts with a Wednesday/Thursday double-header before settling into the more normal schedule.

If that's the case then the houseguests would move in around the 17th. There's a preshow sequester that typically takes almost a week. (In some cases longer, in some cases shorter.) So, figure the key ceremonies would be filmed around the tenth or so, and then the houseguests would be in sequester.

CBS will need to know if California will let them film by the tenth then for things to go as they would typically go. They could go ahead with the key ceremony filming and the sequester even without the official go-ahead from the state, but they could end up needing to hold everyone in sequester for much longer than normal if the state stalled.

Where they sequester the houseguests could be interesting also. They typically use a hotel but may feel that poses too much of a threat this year. Perhaps moving everyone into the jury house for the sequester and then isolating them there might be preferable? Maybe sequester them out of state in a less affected area? Hawaii wouldn't be a bad place to sequester the prospective houseguests It's got a fairly low rate of Covid-19 and I suspect the houseguests wouldn't rebel at being forced to spend a week in Hawaii.

We should be hearing something in the next ten days or so about what the plans are. The timing seems to work out so the tenth would be the typical date that the key ceremony would take place and the houseguests would head to California for the sequester. If we get much past the tenth without hearing anything you can pretty much push the start back to sometime in July or possibly later.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I am soooo sick of EVERYTHING in our world right now REALITY TV sounds like a WONDERFUL diversion ...  hurry up Big Brother ...  it's the PERFECT time to capture some new viewers too.  THANK YOU Gardenman ... I will check back next week.  

Regular Contributor

Please, please give us BB this Summer!!

Thank you for the update.

Honored Contributor

Big Brother Australia will start airing in Australia on June 8th. They've kind of broken the mold by going with an older cast and pretaping the entire series back in February/March/April. That meant no live feeds. 

I doubt that BB America will follow the same path, but who knows? It does give production more control. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Oh this is the best news! I haven't bothered to even check to see what was going on with BB, although I thought if there is any show at all that could still go on it would be BB.

They can test them all, quarantine them, and they are safer in the house than anywhere else.

I think some things will change though. Like when they all get locked outside so producers can do things in the house. They likely will not let anyone in the house except the HG. They will have to sanitize all the competition stuff so I imagine there may not be many elaborate comps.

They will figure it out.

Live Feeds! I cannot wait. There goes my sleep schedule again. I hope they have a good cast this season. I wish they would do away with the fake key segment. So ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

I am sooooooo excited !!  That is FABULOUS NEWS ...  I CANNOT WAIT to have something different to watch !!  Will look for the contestant bios ... 

Honored Contributor

California is now saying TV production can resume on June 12th. There are lots of conditions, but that opens the door for BB to start at a normal time and have a full season. There's lots of chatter now about All-Stars 2 which is a very real possibility. By bringing back established players they can forego much of the testing that's required for newbies.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

California is now saying TV production can resume on June 12th. There are lots of conditions, but that opens the door for BB to start at a normal time and have a full season. There's lots of chatter now about All-Stars 2 which is a very real possibility. By bringing back established players they can forego much of the testing that's required for newbies.

I always look forward to your summaries, play by play, and updates as much (actually more) than the show.  You are my "must read TV".  Can't wait!