Honored Contributor

Robyn Kass, the casting director for Big Brother tweeted yesterday that they've now picked the semi-finalists for BB 22. CBS is planning to have a full season of BB and plans to reopen their studios and restart production in June. (If the government allows it.) The start of BB may be delayed a bit, but CBS believes both BB and Love Island will be airing this summer. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Good news about Big Brother. I don't care so much about Love Island.

Valued Contributor

how in gods name are they going to have a BB SHOW.everybody with a mask on, social distance of 6 ft. eveybody has there own room and bed, no love affairs.cant see it being done for the safety of the people.

Honored Contributor

if the contestants are quarantined first 2 weeks and then thrown in a house together -

it should be okay since they have no contact with the outside world during filming

unless there are people from the outside - 

haven't watched since the first few seasons decades ago??

networks are grasping for any new kind of programming

Respected Contributor

@gardenman Keep the great news coming!!

Esteemed Contributor

That's great news @gardenman ! 

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

how in gods name are they going to have a BB SHOW.everybody with a mask on, social distance of 6 ft. eveybody has there own room and bed, no love affairs.cant see it being done for the safety of the people.

The cast will be screened and kept isolated until they're in the house. Once inside and the filming starts they have no outside contact so there's effectively no way they can get exposed. As long as the original sixteen are Covid-19 free to begin with, there's very, very little, to no risk to them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

@gardenman  I had read somewhere that CBS may be starting BB a little later this season since some of the prime time shows might not be ready for the fall season have you heard if that's true or not? 

Honored Contributor

@Kittymom11 wrote:

@gardenman  I had read somewhere that CBS may be starting BB a little later this season since some of the prime time shows might not be ready for the fall season have you heard if that's true or not? 

There's nothing official yet. CBS is planning to resume filming in June, and expects to have their fall shows ready on time. If the state of California lets BB start on time it likely will start on time. Much of it is out of the control of CBS though. They're reportedly planning for things to go as normal, but life intervenes. The notification of the semi-finalists is about the same timing as the notifications last year. Everything is on track for a "normal" start time, but who knows what will come? I suspect we'll hear something official in the next two weeks or so. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Gardenman, I'm looking forward to another season of BB and your always enjoyable daily updates Woman Happy