Valued Contributor

I read where that CBS is starting to promote Big Brother 25.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the writer's strike.  You won't be seeing many of the usual shows so BB may be taking advantage of this and starting the season early.  I remember many years ago during a writer's strike Big Brother did start their summer season early that year and may be doing it again.  What do you think?  Has anyone heard anything?

Super Contributor

I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Is Big Brother a show?

Valued Contributor

@timeless wrote:

I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Is Big Brother a show?

Yes, Big Brother is a reality show that has been on every summer for 24 seasons on CBS. People that watch it will understand what I mean.

Esteemed Contributor

@GRANNY77 , I also remember them running a season of BB during a strike years ago.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did that again.

Honored Contributor

That was back in BB 9 when they aired the first winter season during the writer's strike. I don't think they'll move up the start of BB 25 due to the strike. The winter season of most shows are winding down in May and they've been written and shot weeks/months ago. We typically get reruns from the end of the May sweeps until the start of a new season of BB.

If the strike lingers into the summer and affects the filming of the fall shows, then we could see another BBOTT  (Big Brother Over the Top) in the fall to fill airtime. I doubt that the strike will last that long. If it does then CBS would need programming for the fall.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

The sooner the better for me.  I've watched every season, as well as the Australian and Canadian versions.  I wish they would do the usual summer Big Brother and a celebrity BB in the winter. 

Valued Contributor

Well Jokers said they are already starting to promote it.  Usually they wait much later to do this so I don't know but we'll see.  Strikes can last long.