Trusted Contributor

Yesterday Big Brother winner Derrick came to Columbus, Ohio.  I live close enough to make the drive so I went to see him and get his book Undercover Edge signed.  It was alot of fun.  The place was packed and he was surprised at how many people were there.  I was in line for 2 hours and the line behind me was even longer than the one I was in.  Since there were so many people he didn't get to talk much because he said he wanted to make sure everyone got their book signed and we were allowed to ask him questions.  He was great and took his time with each person and has a great sense of humor.  I only received my book last Friday so haven't had a chance to read it yet but am looking forward to it.  Derrick retired from the police force this past October 7 and is doing very well for himself - TV, books, tours, etc.  I think he's a very nice person and am very happy for his success.  BTW - He's much cuter in person!

Super Contributor

Re: Big Brother Fans - Derrick

That's nice to hear.  I always liked him on Big Brother.  

Respected Contributor

@sabra------what a nice adventure and opportunity for you .....It must have seemed weird in a way since you (and many of us) kind of "lived" with him

24/7 for months. I did see that he has/had a show on ID regarding cold cases. I watched it once and it was good but I like having an ending to the mystery.

Trusted Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@sabra------what a nice adventure and opportunity for you .....It must have seemed weird in a way since you (and many of us) kind of "lived" with him

24/7 for months. I did see that he has/had a show on ID regarding cold cases. I watched it once and it was good but I like having an ending to the mystery.

It really was surreal.  I watched his show and did enjoy it but agree that I wanted a conviction at the end. Ended up watching all of them and if I recall the last one did get resolved.  It would be nice if they did a follow-up addressing that.  Not sure if it's coming back or not but it doesn't sound like it from what he posted on Facebook -he was very vague about it but thanked everyone that watched it.