Honored Contributor

Re: Big Brother 21!!!! Houseguest Reveal Day!!!

Last year I believe they did the house reveal later also. We used to get that first then the houseguests later, but they've now reversed the order. We should get the house reveal around the weekend. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

i watched the very first season of big brother and maybe the second.  it has not been the same and i never watched since.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyCatBird wrote:

i watched the very first season of big brother and maybe the second.  it has not been the same and i never watched since.

@FuzzyCatBird 

You don't know what you're missing. BB is one of my favorite indulgences. It's like a living soap opera played out on your TV every day on the live feeds. There are good guys, bad guys and some in the middle. There are people you cheer for and others you root against.  The live feeds make it unlike any other reality show. You get to truly see what's happening most of the time without it being filtered by producers or network executives.

The game has evolved (some say devolved) over the years, but in terms of pure entertainment value, it's hard to beat BB's live feeds. For around $6 a month you get thirty days of 24/7 activity of some sort. There's lots of boring nothingness happening, but also lots of interesting stuff goes down. 

Last year we had an alliance that called themselves foutte that thought they were in absolute control of the game. They had no clue there was another alliance actually in control. They lost member after member and still couldn't figure it out. The one person in their alliance who had a clue (Haleigh) was then convinced by the rest that she was just being paranoid. It was pretty amazing to watch them flounder week after week. They kept winning HOH and losing members of their alliance.

The mix of characters is pretty neat to watch and when you see them literally 24/7 (with minor exceptions for comps that are taped) you truly get to know who they are. It can become a bit addictive though. I love it and look forward to it each year. This looks like a good cast this year, but we won't really know until the live feeds start up next Wednesday or Thursday. For the first week we have to rely on what the producers let us see that they pretape, but once the feeds start, things get far more interesting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, those who participated in this year's Survivor thread know that I was rooting for Lauren O'Connell in Survivor. Some have noticed that Analyse Tavera is very similar in appearance and both were college soccer players. It's kind of like Survivor and BB decided to cast a very similar type this year. For now, Analyse is one of my preseason favorites. That may all change once the feeds start, but for now, she's one of my top three women to root for. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And we may know a twist for the season. Either casting just hit on a bunch of weird coincidences, or they're setting up a pairs/duos twist this year. We already knew Christie and Tommy knew one another as Christie had dated Tommy's aunt. Jackson and Ovi both went to the University of Tennessee at about the same time. Holly and Kathryn were both in the Miss USA pageant. Isabella and Jack both climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. There seem to be more and more odd coincidences as the BB detectives look more and more closely into the houseguests. Is it all a coincidence, or is this a twist? We'll find out next Tuesday. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @gardenman for giving us the info on the cast.  Sounds like this will be an interesting season and I can't wait for it to start in one week and reading your daily updates.

Respected Contributor

Just got done doing my cheat sheet, I watch the interviews, write down their names & ages & a little note of something they said. I do it every year because in the beginning I have a hard time remembering who is who. Next got to renew my live feeds. Haven't checked but is Pop TV going to do BB after dark?  I hope so. It's a mix of personalities & the huge fans with some that only saw 2 seasons, the usual season. I hope this is going to be a good season. 

Honored Contributor

The Ika Wong cast interviews are up on YouTube now also if you need to see more of the houseguests. I'll be creating a cheat sheet for the names alone this year. We've got an Analyse, Kemi, Ovi, Jack and Jackson. Sam and Nick may be hard to tell apart on the feeds along with Analyse and Holly. It'll take a few days to know for sure who you're seeing.

I'm pretty sure BB Afterdark will be back again once the feeds go live. It's a big hit for those without feeds. I bought a Roku this year in addition to my Fire TV, so add in my phone, desktop, and tablet, and I'll be watching the feeds here, there, and everywhere.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman  well here we go some times I do disagree with you, when we get mid way threw it, but it's the love of the game. I do have some strong players now but when it's new I change, I see some that won't make it I but let the game begin we will know within 2 weeks who will stay & go. I have the same love of the game. Yes, thought Paul would win, Tyler too, So I am wrong, let's not forget the jury can be bitter. I am  ready for lack of sleep. Got to get my live feeds when is the house showing?  It's hard to explain how this game works, DH every year I try but somehow he doesn't get it. I also love the chat room.

Honored Contributor

@sissel 

The house reveal is scheduled for tomorrow, June 20th. It looks like an interesting cast. The first HOH comp, according to TV Guide, will be a scramble to find the BB House in a blacked out area. They'll find a bee hive house filled with honey, a BeeGees house where they'll have to disco their way out, a baby house filled with something baby related and ultimately, the BB house. 

That type of comp levels the playing field pretty quickly and takes away throwing the comp. You can stumble into the right place without really trying. If you're trying to win, you can keep guessing wrong and end up in last place. It inserts a lot of luck into that first HOH comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!