Honored Contributor

Big Brother 21!!!! Houseguest Reveal Day!!!

So, if things go as planned, and they seldom do, we'll start meeting the new houseguests starting at eleven this morning (ET.) I'll be watching the live feed of Jeff interviewing them and posting my initial impressions. What can we expect? Well, if BB holds true to form, there will be a downhome southern girl, a girl with weird hair and lots of tattoos, someone with out of the mainstream beliefs, a few jocks, a token old guy/gal (though BB's version of old keeps getting younger each year,) a mix of a few different minorities, a surfer dude, a wrestler/MMA fighter, a former cop who acts like a cop, a nerdy geeky guy, a very flamboyant gay person, and more. Suffice to say BB has a formula for picking houseguests. Oh, I forgot the bikini girl. There's typically one of them as Morgan Willett pointed out in BBOTT.

I believe this is the first season in a while where Les Moonves doesn't have final say over the cast, so maybe they'll break the old pattern, but I doubt it.

What we see today won't really tell us much about the houseguests though as they'll all be still in performing mode. Once the live feeds start we see who they truly are. Watching the various online polls before the feeds and after the feeds start is fun. A lot of the time someone who's loved before the feeds start, gets hated when we see who they truly are, while someone who didn't impress in the interviews soars to the top of the polling once we see more of them. The new season of BB officially starts today. Later today or tomorrow they'll get moved into the house and then next Tuesday we'll see the first show. Here's hoping it's a good season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Big Brother 21!!!! Houseguest Reveal Day!!!

Looking forward to a fun season with you guiding us through it.  I hope for some interesting guests.  I did not realize it started tonight...thanks for reminding.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Looking forward to a fun season with you guiding us through it.  I hope for some interesting guests.  I did not realize it started tonight...thanks for reminding.

They'll be moving the houseguests in tonight (maybe tomorrow, but probably tonight) but other than the interviews, we won't see them until next Tuesday on the pre-taped show where Julie will do her usual "This is the first time they're seeing one another" spiel. Which is a lie as they've been together quite a bit through the auditioning and testing process and typically ride together to the studio in a bs or serives of mnivans. Probably next Wednesday night at midnight or next Thursday at midnight, we'll get the live feeds fired up and running where we'll really learn who these people are.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The houseguests photos and bios are up on Big Brother Network already. Our youngest is 22 years old and our oldest is 53. Lots of pretty people this time around. (At least externally.) Interviews will be starting soon. They were sweeping the interview room and it looks like Jeff is settling in now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Our first houseguest is, as always, late to arrive. Ah! it's a girl and it's Analyse Talvera. She's 22. She's very nervous. She was a college soccer player. Very pretty. Very dark hair, brown eyes. She's single and hoping there are single guys. She wants to play like Kaycee from last season. Says she's a good liar. She doesn't care how people feel about her, so she's just going to be herself. She wants to win and doesn't mind being hated by America. Been watching since she was ten.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting. I went & looked at the cast photos & bios. I can't get the interviews with Jeff as I don't have live feeds.

Honored Contributor

For those interested, in between interviews we're getting a blurry overview of the room with Jeff getting a drink and meeting with production. Up next is our first guy. (Also very nervous and fidgety.) He's David Alexander from Atlanta and a photographer. He's our first African American. He's a recent fan who just started watching. Doesn't want to compete early and plans to slide by until the middle of the game. (Seems calmer on the camera than he was while blurry.) It's hard for him to lie. He's going to try to be honest all the way through. He says "David's going to be David." He wants a break from the routine of his life. (Boy will he get bored in the house.) Doesn't mind being hated as long as he wins.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

David is 29 by the way.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And next up is Christie Murphy. She's very emotional. She has a nose piercing. She's 28 and is a Superfan. She's freaked out by being in the Diary Room. Wants to lie low at first. Wants a male and female alliance partner. Has been a huge fan since season eight. Owns a store called Mystic something and seems a bit new-agey. Wants to have a gratitude circle with the other houseguests every morning. She's a natural flirt. No boyfriend. She'll try not to have a showmance and let this be all about Christie, but never say never. Her friends call her Murph. She'd rather lose and be loved. Just being there is her dream.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman 

She sounds dumb.  Being hated by America continues (unfortunately) AFTER the show as well.  If you're hated enough, you can expect death threats, possible damage to your property and various other fun things.  

You have to be pretty hard up to be on a show like that (for the money).  You are an instant celebrity - and most "regular" people can't handle that type of attention.