Honored Contributor

Re: Big Brother 20: Week 8: Spoilers and Updates!

In yet another example of their blindness, Fessy is now planning to target Scottie with his HOH. He's planning to nominate Brett and Scottie with Scottie the target. I'm pretty sure that will be the end for Scottie unless he wins POV. Scottie is more closely allied with Fessy and Haleigh, but they're targeting him instead of those against them. That's not especially smart gameplay.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Bumping this thread up so everyone moves to the Week 8 thread!

Esteemed Contributor

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I''m more sympathetic toward the frustration of those who can't seem to catch a break. What I can't abide is ungracious winners who gloat and laugh at their opponents. It's mean spirited and lacking in character.

What "break" would that be? Scottie, Bay, Haleigh and Kaitlyn were all HOH. Fessy has won vetoes. Haliegh won a hacker comp. Being unable or unwilling to execute meaningful moves in the game does not equate with not getting a "break". If you watch the feeds you have certainly seen gloating from Rockstar, Scottie and most definitely Haleigh numerous times, as well as threats to put eye drops in the coffee of the house guests who they don't like. That's really lacking in character and breaking the rules which is why Haleigh was called on the carpet by production.

Excellents points @Angels&Ladybugs. As you mentioned, the things you pointed out don't show up in the short amount of time they have for the episodes so it's hard for the casual viewer to get an understanding of what happens in the other over 100 hours of play. I liked your anaolgy about the book and its dust cover. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
In yet another example of their blindness, Fessy is now planning to target Scottie with his HOH. He's planning to nominate Brett and Scottie with Scottie the target. I'm pretty sure that will be the end for Scottie unless he wins POV. Scottie is more closely allied with Fessy and Haleigh, but they're targeting him instead of those against them. That's not especially smart gameplay.

I would not have believed this if I hadn't seen it play out last night on feeds. I have to up my rating of JC being underestimated to JC being a BB genius! 

Fessy is now contemplating waiting to see if it might be better to backdoor Scottie so that if he were to win the veto he wouldn't be mad at them.

I will continue to say this has been a great season. Not one HoH winner has been a repeat! It's really kept the game interesting. 

Nominations may be a little later than last week since there's no hacker comp but who knows. I'll be out running errands this morning so I will most likely miss the return from the ceremony. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see Haleigh going along with that. My choice would be to put up Sam and Angela. Tyler wouldn't want to win veto, if chosen to play, and expose his preferance for either woman. That would leave the option of backdooring either Tyler or Brett if the veto was used. 

Why does Fessy want Scottie gone? Is it jealousy?

Valued Contributor

@puttypiesmom@gardenman ...  It’s an interesting summer and I am enjoying the game play, but the smugness of L6 I find offensive, especially Angela and Brett ...  he enjoys outwitting Fourtte but then rubbing their face in it verbally which is what I didn’t like about his good bye speech to Rock Star.  It is the arrogance I dont like.  Slick always seems busy fluffing his perfect man bun and coordinating his kershief to match.  

Sam I gather is just along for the ride ...  and the laundry.  I am totally confused as to who Scottie has an alliance with because I think he has been approached and accepted the proposal from everyone !!  

Honored Contributor

And yes, Fessy was dumb enough to put up Brett and Scottie with Scottie the target.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Fessy wants Scottie and Brett gone since they flirt with and get flirted with Haleigh. He's thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy and using jealousy as his motivation. Scottie sleeping in the HOH with Haleigh was his big mistake that made him Fessy's big target.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It seems to me this season they are voting out people based on personal reasons or emotions and are not going after the biggest threats standing between you & the money.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

It seems to me this season they are voting out people based on personal reasons or emotions and are not going after the biggest threats standing between you & the money.

It's that way most years. If you're an annoying pest who can't win anything, you're apt to be gone, while you can dominate comps and last forever as long as no one hates you.

Fessy seems to think he can unite the couples (him, Hayleigh, Tyler, and Angela) into a dominant four person alliance. It's not a bad approach, but he has no clue that Tyler and Angela are already in a dominant four person alliance with Kaycee and Brett. There's no upside for Tyler and Angela to flip.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!