Frequent Contributor

Re: Big Brother 20: Week 7: MEAN Goodbye Messages

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

I wonder if the producers are telling them to be so mean in their good-bye messages-I haven't seen that before-maybe they think it spices up the show.  Rock Star was doing fine with her ejection last night, but then it seemed like those messages really hurt her feelings-why so mean-the girl is gone and it's stupid anyway because she's on the jurySmiley Sad

I wish that jurors would not be shown any goodbye messages. They have plenty of time to talk with each other in the jury house and try to figure things out. The messages just add an unnecessary layer in my opinion.

As to the "mean" messages that Rockstar was shown, she has said and done much worse to/about Brett and Angela in the house and deserved every word. As Brett stated, she will never vote for either of them anyway because she feels that they have too much anyway. I was thrilled to see her go and take her nasty attitude with her. She will be happier in jury with Bay.

So those really mean messages are ok?

I suppose that depends on an individual's definition of mean. The names that Rockstar called both individuals and the taunting with pots and pans, in my view, is much "meaner" than a message telling her they were glad she's gone. I think they both used restraint. Just my opinion of what I have seen.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Big Brother 20: Week 7: Spoilers and Updates!

@puttypiesmom wrote:

When someone wants to record a mean or vindictive goodbye message they are just digging their own grave.  Angela and Brett will not be winning anything.  

And as they have both explained, she would never have given either of them her vote anyway due to her extreme prejudice against her imagined lifestyle they have. I guess in this case, it was worth it to them or they wouldn't have done it.

Trusted Contributor

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

I wonder if the producers are telling them to be so mean in their good-bye messages-I haven't seen that before-maybe they think it spices up the show.  Rock Star was doing fine with her ejection last night, but then it seemed like those messages really hurt her feelings-why so mean-the girl is gone and it's stupid anyway because she's on the jurySmiley Sad

I wish that jurors would not be shown any goodbye messages. They have plenty of time to talk with each other in the jury house and try to figure things out. The messages just add an unnecessary layer in my opinion.

As to the "mean" messages that Rockstar was shown, she has said and done much worse to/about Brett and Angela in the house and deserved every word. As Brett stated, she will never vote for either of them anyway because she feels that they have too much anyway. I was thrilled to see her go and take her nasty attitude with her. She will be happier in jury with Bay.

I suppose that depends on an individual's definition of mean. The names that Rockstar called both individuals and the taunting with pots and pans, in my view, is much "meaner" than a message telling her they were glad she's gone. I think they both used restraint. Just my opinion of what I have seen.

Yes , I agree and those two messages DID fit my definition of meanSmiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

Fair enough.  So that I understand, Rockstar, Hayleigh, Bayleigh, Angela and Brett are all mean?

Trusted Contributor

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

Fair enough.  So that I understand, Rockstar, Hayleigh, Bayleigh, Angela and Brett are all mean?

This year I've only watched the TV show, but I've watched all forms of BB for the whole 20 Seasons. Brett and Angela had the meanest good-bye messages that I have seen. I see no point in it except that production wants to have villains and perhaps told them to "spice things up". Personally, I don't need mean villains when the houseguests are on their way out.

Frequent Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@Angels&Ladybugs wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

This year I've only watched the TV show, but I've watched all forms of BB for the whole 20 Seasons. Brett and Angela had the meanest good-bye messages that I have seen. I see no point in it except that production wants to have villains and perhaps told them to "spice things up". Personally, I don't need mean villains when the houseguests are on their way out.

Then we sort of agree.  I too have watched since Eddie won Season 1.  If all saw was the CBS edited show, I would agree that Angela's message ranks up there with the "meanest" but I can't remember all of them from 20 seasons.  Beyond that point, I know it was justified 10 times over.  I still don't think Brett's was mean.  JMHO.