Trusted Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Preseason News and Spoilers!!!!

I should have posted on this one as i did see it and just finished reading all of it.  I hope you are right that there will be NO battle of the block - hated that last year.  looking forward to a new season and am counting the days.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sabra wrote:

I should have posted on this one as i did see it and just finished reading all of it.  I hope you are right that there will be NO battle of the block - hated that last year.  looking forward to a new season and am counting the days.

@sabra wrote:

sorry for the double quote still confused and learning how to do this. Agree with you ,hope The no battle thing is gone.: tucka.:

Honored Contributor

According to Julie BB 17 will be a 98 day event this year and with a stop date in late Spetember, entrepid BB watchers with way too much time on their hands have counted back and figured out that the houseguests are going into the house today. 

The first day typically starts with Julie having them line up on the steps and then sending them into the house in small groups. Then they eventually settle down for the champagne and get to know one another meeting in the living room. Then it's off for the first HOH comp. Typically this is an endurance type comp where they have to hang onto something the longest. Most houseguests don't want to win the first HOH and will drop easily which is always a bit stupid. Someone's leaving week one and unless you win HOH, it could be you.

Then they'll get their first look at the new HOH room and everyone will gush over how pretty it is. The new HOH will then start meeting with people and forming multiple alliances and he/she and everyone in all of their alliances will think they've got an easy walk to the end. (Ha!) It's going to be a pretty crazy day for those houseguests. By the time they finally crash tonight they'll be some tired little hamsters.

Expect word on the first HOH and nominees to leak out before Wednesday's show. It usually does.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Gardenman I like your little baby cat. You and lorilori make me want to start watching this show.
Honored Contributor

Did you guys see the Transgender girl yet?  I hate calling her that but I don't know her name.  She's beautiful and you'd never know at all that she is Transgender.

I hope they aren't mean to her.  There is not excuse for cruelty and unkindness (is that a word?).

I thought it would be interesting to not mention it until near the end of the show.

I've never watched more than a few minutes of the show so I don't know if it would be wrong to do that.  I just kind of think it would be interesting to see if anyone figured it out.

Glad to see you here Tucka.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:
Gardenman I like your little baby cat. You and lorilori make me want to start watching this show.

That's Callie. My near constant companion. She picked me out in a local pet shop one day while I was walking by a couple of cages of kittens. She came running up to the front of the cage and meowing and reaching out a paw towards me. I stopped and gave her a head and neck rub and she purred as loudly as any kitten I'd ever heard. A little gray kitten in the cage then came up and I went to pet him, but she butted him out of the way and shoved her head back in for more rubbing. There was just something about her that made me decide to take her home and she's been a nearly perfect kitten/cat ever since. She'll be three this August.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

annabellethecat. Big Brother houseguests have seen pretty much everything (gay, lesbian, bisexual) and every personality type and generally they're accepted and go pretty far in the game. Sometimes the feed watchers are a bit surprised like a few years back when a married neuroscientist on the show named Michele shocked feed watchers when she mentioned she was bi, but apparently she'd told the houseguests earlier as they didn't react at all. The BB fanbase nearly imploded, but the houseguests already knew.

In Audrey's case (the transgender houseguest) the plan is to tell the other houseguests during the champagne get to know one another session that starts each season. It would be kind of iteresting to hide the fact, but I'm not sure how far along Audrey is in the process, so it might be difficult/impossible to hide the truth if the surgical process isn't completed. They do live in close quarters and all share one bathroom. If they catch Audrey shaving her face each morning they might just put two and two together and figure things out, so it's probably smarter to be upfront and honest about things.

Oddly enough the people who typically get voted out of Big Brother early are the harmless idiots who annoy the other houseguests. The big, physical threats typically hang around, as do the gays, lesbians, and older players. (Not that there are any older players this time around.)  I'd be more inclined to keep the harmless idiots and get out the big physical threats, but typically we don't see that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Tonight at 8:00 est on POP they have been advertising to meet the houseguests during Meet the Fockers.  I am dvring it so i can ff thru it and see what they are showing.  may or may not be interesting but i decided to check it out anyway.

Honored Contributor

gardenman it's interesting what you said because when I was doing on research on the internet I read the opposite.  The article said that the older houseguests get booted out quickly.

It said that, although there is a variety of genders, etc, the racists, etc come out in full force.

It said that, surprisingly sometimes the one's you think are going to make it don't.

Like I said I only see snipits about this show.  I mean more like minutes.  If you don't follow it, I think it's difficult to get into.

My observations were in the early years (I think that was when) whenever those people who were from the Jersey Shore (as they called them) were on.

I don't have issues with who's sleeping with whom, but it just showed people at their ugliest (drunk and falling into bed with everyone).  There wasn't much plot to it.

I might watch a little of it because I like all of YOU guys and like to see what your comments are.

Honored Contributor

Annabellethecat. Jerry and Renny were two of the oldest recent houseguests and both made it pretty far in the game. Jerry made it to the final four if I recall correctly. 

Generally racism isn't a huge issue, but two seasons ago BB cast multiple racists after the Trayvon Martin incident assuming the house would rally against the evil racists. Instead the racists went pretty far in the game and one nearly won. It was yet another failure in their efforts at stunt casting.

This year they're hoping to ride the transgender train for some free publicity. CBS knows who they're casting and test/evalulate prospective houseguests to death, so if someone is openly racist, they know it. They cast the show to get ratings and that's about all they care about.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!