Respected Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Preseason News and Spoilers!!!!

Does the audience vote a lot on things for this show. I see now that everyone who subscribes to cbs all access will be able to see the live feeds. I don't subscribe but that makes it seem like they will have more audience participation.
Honored Contributor

The audience votes on food for the Have Nots (typically something awful like sardines and sauerkraut, or noodles and tripe, etc..) Occasionally they'll have us vote for other things too.

The live feeds are where the real entertainment value lies in Big Brother. You'll go through days of boring feeds where nothing much happens then all heck will break loose.

Season 9 was probably the best for live feeds, as it was the biggest trainwreck of a cast. That was the winter season of Big Brother where CBS put it on twice due to the writer's strike. That year's cast was really out there.

There was a former Penthouse Pet of the year, a few drug dealers, many drug users, a couple who had relations in the bathroom (she became known as "just bend me over" Jen after her and Ryan's bathroom encounter.) There was a bikini barrista who had so many abortions she was constantly lactating, something that she enjoyed demonstrating routinely, who fell madly in love/lust with Matt one of the drug dealers who ultimately went to prison shortly after getting off the show. They had multiple trysts while on the show with Matt giivng a thumbs up to the cameras as Natalie serviced him.

We had two cast members go down and need medical attention at the same time. Allison had an allergic reaction to something and her face exploded and at the same time Amanda had her blood sugar drop too low and she passed out. We had the gay po*rn biker in James who somehow hooked up with Chelsia (much to her parent's dismay as he never told Chelsia he was involved in gay po*rn.) There was one relatively sane houseguest in Sharon who generally hid in the corner and read her bibile when she wasn't squealing Beeebeees at the resident guinea pigs. Big Brother stole a spot in the finals from her by declaring the guinea pigs a couple in the house, which ultimately let the other drug dealer (Adam) win the game. He invested his winnings in more drugs to sell and partnered wtih Matt and they both went to jail. It was a very interesting year to watch the live feeds, but defintely not one for children.

It's kind of hard to envision any way the feeds could ever be that entertaining again. That was such a trainwreck of a cast that we'll likely never see one as bad again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Hi Gardenman.  Thanks for the updates.  I am looking forward to the new season and got in on the the live feeds.  The price was too good to pass up and I am hoping for a fun season this year!

Honored Contributor

Mayfair!!! Nice to see you again. For the entertainment value you get, the feeds are a bargain. I'm just hoping CBS has any technical issues worked out before Thursday night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Hi, it's good to see some of the old BB gang back. I'm getting ready to start obsessing over this season. I have my popcorn and my cola ready to go. When is the first episode?
Trusted Contributor

@shamalamadingdong4 wrote:
Hi, it's good to see some of the old BB gang back. I'm getting ready to start obsessing over this season. I have my popcorn and my cola ready to go. When is the first episode?

BB starts this Wednesday, 25 June - 8est.

Honored Contributor

Just two more days for the first new show of the season and then very late Thursday night the feeds turn on. I'm hoping we don't have a tension defuser again this year who tries to keep things calm all of the time. We need a fiesty season again.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi all --

Mayfair!!   Wow, so good to see you again!   How have you been?  I have completely lost touch with Crayons - have you heard from her?

Good to see Shama as well (along with all our other BB friends from seasons past).  Looking forward to getting updates from each of you, and hoping that this is a feisty season, as Gman said! Hoping that the "takeover" nic of the season doesn't have us running for cover!!

Trusted Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@shamalamadingdong4 wrote:

BB starts this Wednesday, 25 June - 8est.

Tried to edit but couldn't do it - Wed is the 24th, not 25th.

Honored Contributor

And we have a hot new rumor! Rumor has it that Jeff and Jackie from this last season's The Amazing Race are the final two houseguests. They were one of the thrown together couples on TAR. Jackie is shortish, pretty and has a very full head of long dark hair (we'll find out on the feeds if it's extensions or real.) Jeff is tall, somewhat goofy and pretty strong/athletic. They could be very early targets if that rumor is true.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!