Honored Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Preseason News and Spoilers!!!!

[ Edited ]

The hot rumor right now is that Frank (from BB 14, the curly haired protege of Boogie) and a former female houseguest will be the two dropped back into the house on day one to round out the cast. If Frank (son of a pro wrestler) is dropped back in that could complicate life for Austin rather dramatically. Frank likely knows that Austin is still wrestling and since Austin's whole gameplan is to fool the houseguests into him being retired, things could go badly for Austin very quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

lainey, don't you know that's the group everything is geared to?  Most of the TV shows, etc.

The irony of it is many of these people have jobs where they don't make that much money and/or live at home or with other people.  Many are still starting out or having a hard time getting started (life is not the bed of roses they were taught in college).  Ha!

They gear these dumb commercials toward this group and they don't have the money to buy this junk.

I'm almost 70 years old.  I am not dead.  I buy stuff and the last time I checked I go to the store and buy toilet paper, etc.  Yet these dumb shows are geared toward young people.  

I've never seen more than a few minutes of different years.  I do remember that they've had some 'older' people in there over the years.

Super Contributor

Gardenman, Julie announced on The Talk that the transgender issue was suppose to be kept quiet until the show started and someone leaked it to TMZ. Audrey is suppose to tell the other houseguests when they all introduce themselves on the first night.
Respected Contributor

gardenman, I think you had mentioned in another thread how the Live Feeds were going to be having an interview with Derrick?  Did that happen, and if so, was anything interesting mentioned?  Also, any mention of Cody or Victoria?  TIA 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

That's exactly what I heard (same as sassy) today on EW Radio.  I saw the transgender woman interviewed by the same guy who's on one of those CBS (of course with Julie Chin, she is all about CBS) Entertainment shows.

The person I saw was beautiful, had a normal female voice and there was no way you'd know she started life as a male.  My guess is that's how she was picked.  I've heard all of this stuff about her wanting to be on the show for years, etc.  I'm sorry but I think that's bunk.  I think she was picked because she is beautiful and not at all the least bit masculine (like Caitlyn Jenner).

Honored Contributor

Historically Big Brother has been pretty good casting some older players. We had Renny (from New Orleans)  a few years back and then Jerry, but in the last few years, they've aimed for the young and pretty casts. Having a younger, fitter cast makes it easier to come up with fair (or fairer) competitions. Many of the BB comps are pretty physically intense and even the kids tend to come out pretty banged up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

gardenman, I think you had mentioned in another thread how the Live Feeds were going to be having an interview with Derrick?  Did that happen, and if so, was anything interesting mentioned?  Also, any mention of Cody or Victoria?  TIA 

The interview was more of an online chat and it was chaos. Derrick didn't really say much. He did say that he still talked to Cody (I think every day, but it's been a while since I read the chat.) I don't remember him saying anything about Victoria, but he could have. It was pretty chaotic with hundreds/thousands of posters firing questions in. I'm not sure Derrick ever says anything all that interesting. He likes to defuse interesting things. That's largley why last year was so boring. Whenever tension would arise, there would be Derrick trying to defuse it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

The interview was more of an online chat and it was chaos. Derrick didn't really say much. He did say that he still talked to Cody (I think every day, but it's been a while since I read the chat.) I don't remember him saying anything about Victoria, but he could have. It was pretty chaotic with hundreds/thousands of posters firing questions in. I'm not sure Derrick ever says anything all that interesting. He likes to defuse interesting things. That's largley why last year was so boring. Whenever tension would arise, there would be Derrick trying to defuse it.

Thanks.  Wasn't sure what all would be asked or mentioned.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Oh, here we go again with Grodner and her wrestler fetish.  I wouldn't have believed she had the power to exert that much influence on casting but watching Unreal has provided a glimpse of just how much power an EP that produces consistently good ratings can wield (and how desperate they can get to maintain those ratings).  

I hope Frank Eudy's hygiene has improved since his season.  He grossed me out just looking at him, especially when he was The Carrot.  That guy's name is an onomatoopeia.  Or not, if he's literally cleaned up his act, and I hope he has for the sake of the other houseguests.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm rooting for Austin anyway.  He seemed to be one of the favorites in the Live Feed chat yesterday.  And there was some chat about Audrey possibly being transgender amongst the chatters...someone pointed out that she had large hands.