Honored Contributor

Big Brother 17 Preseason News and Spoilers!!!!

And the lovely folks at CBS have just issued a press release describing the new twist (or should I say twists?) this season. The theme this year is "BB Takeover" and each week a guest, or guests (former houseguests in all likelihood) will appear on the show (in the house?) each week to announce a new twist. 

Apparently we're getting a new twist every week this year. I'm guessing we'll find out that the first two "guests" are actually houseguests in addition to everything else. That would give us the sixteen houseguests we need for the season. The good news is they're saying nothing about the stupid "Battle of the Block" so that may be done.

They could just revamp each twist from previous seasons and use a houseguest from those earlier seasons to announce the new twist. We know there are a couple of twins in the new cast, so we could even see the twin twist come back into play. It could be interesting. Now I've got to try and remeber what all of the twists have been. There was America's Player with Eric Stein. We had the Saboteur with Annie. We had the coaches twist. We had the cliques, Pandora's Box, Team America, Coup d'Etat, Project DNA, Rivals, and more. That could all be interesting. We'lll have to see how it all plays out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Big Brother 17 Preseason News and Spoilers!!!!

Honored Contributor

Big Brother Network (bigbrothernetwork.com) now has their videos of the houseguests up for those who don't subscribe to the live feeds and want to see the houseguests on video. I'm watching Audrey's interview right now. The interviewer didn't ask Audrey about being transgender (because the story didn't break until after his interview) and it's possible that CBS didn't know (or wanted it kept quiet) as they (or possibly Audrey) cancelled her later press meetings. She certainly doesn't give any clue that she was transgender as she joked about all of the girls (including her) getting on the same cycle.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@javala wrote:
Meet The New Cast Of Big Brother

Thanks for posting the link to the cast. What I don't like about this year, is again, they have a very young group of people ages 22-33.   I guess maybe the majority of people watching BB must fall into this age group?  

I like it better when they have a few older people on too...I guess I can relate more to them. Smiley Embarassed Maybe I'm getting too old to watch this anymore.Smiley Very Happy

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

In this metro world we live in I am sure some will want to dateTrans but would it be fair to deceive someone to be with Trans...

Big Brother should be interesting to see how this experiment works out

Honored Contributor

Austin is a 6' 5" 240 lb wrestler with long hair and tattoos. He's planning to tell the houseguests that he was forced to retire due to injuries (he's still wrestling) and that he'll try to be nice and friendly in the house. He's afraid the others will view him as a big threat (duh!) and want him out, so he wants to win HOH the first week. Good luck with that, the first HOH comp is typically a hang on longest type comp and being 240 lbs. he's going to have a tough time on those types of comps. I don't see Austin lasting long. I think he's a little over confident and cocky. He's likely to have to win a few early HOH's or POV's to stay in the game long.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

So not a fan of twists.  Just let the houseguests scheme and manipulate  on their own!

Respected Contributor

With the twists we are probably guaranteed to see Jesse and Frankie again.....yuck!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

Jace reminds me of the cute guy from last season - can't think of his name right now. 

Looks like a good bunch, but I agree with everyone who says they wish we would have a couple of older folks in there. 

Respected Contributor

I agree if would have been more balanced to have a few season folks....

I don't why but it is not until you get older do you understand some things, that some how can never receive or penetrate our psychi to be able to see in the scheme of things, to know and able to see what is just around the corner.... It is  a whole new awareness that younger people seldom pick up on....