Valued Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 9/12/2014!!!

Just to verify, they don't both have to be in final 2 for one of them to win the extra 50 grand, correct?

Super Contributor

Yes, KKali, whichever of the two is in F2 and wins get $550,000. What bothers me is that it only was said once Frankie went up on the block. I don't even think I trust the scores tonight. BB could be adjusting the scores to show Frankie winning. No one would even know if they did, right?
Super Contributor

Still trying to figure that out. I've watched the conversation a couple of times, and it isn't totally clear. They don't actually say the exact words that they both have to be there, but the way the conversation sounds, it's discussed like they are both at the end together. I'm not making sense, I know. If they don't have to BOTH be in the final two, I can see how this confusion is running amok - I still cant figure it out.

Another thing that I finf disturbing about it is that they (or at least Derrick) thinks that this came from America like all the other missions. Which is why Frankie said "they love us", LOL. They think America voted to give them a bonus after seeing how hard they worked. Production is really crossing the line here.

I wonder if The voice of big Brother will ask America to vote on this during the next show? so when this "twist" is announced, the TV watchers will actually think America voted on this reward...many days after Team America was given this 'mission'.

Super Contributor

Okay, got more caught up. It does look like only one of them have to be there. But still...I hope this bonus does not mean that we don't get to choose a favorite! We had not say in this at all.. pretty stupid for something called Team America - and that they already told them that this was from America (apparently).

It also seems that Frankie has tried to bribe derrick with half of his Team America winnings. Which is against the rules. But somehow methinks he will get away with it. It seems that he bribed caleb before (I must have missed that) and totally got away with that also. Oh well.

Honored Contributor

Derrick is pragmatic, he won't risk losing the 500k to possibly get an extra 50k. The whole thing depends on whether he thinks he can win against Frankie and if Frankie would take him to the end if he was the one with the choice. It would be hard for him to sway Cody and Caleb into keeping Frankie anyway.

Honored Contributor

BB has strict rules against offering bribes to other house guests, but they bend those rules for their favorites. ED promised Daniele a new car (I think) and a trip to Europe when he played in BB 8. They decided that was okay since no cash was involved. They'll instruct Frankie to rework his bribe so it can somehow fit into their guidelines. If you're a BB favorite you can pretty much get away with anything, and Frankie is clearly a BB favorite. By the way, the last I saw Frankie was just trailing Donny in a popularity poll by 44%. Frankie will easily be the most despised house guest in the history of BB. I suspect BB wants someone other than Donny or Zach to win America's Favorite, but if the polls keep showing those two up at the top they'll probably just forego the AFP award this year.

That's it for me tonight. I've got to get some sleep in. Here's hoping Frankie doesn't win the POV. I want him gone. I wouldn't mind seeing Derrick follow him out the door on Wednesday. A final three of Caleb, Cody and Victoria would be entertaining.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree, Gman. I like your Final 3.

Good night, get some sleep so that you can write us early tomorrow morning! LOL

Super Contributor

I agree also. Tired of Derrick & Frankie running this game.
Super Contributor

I agree. I think that's what this 50k prize is about, actually. I suspect that this is in lieu of the Americas favorite vote. Heck, they might even do some "bogus" vote to ask America - do we want to give Team America a bonus if they make it to the end, or to vote for a favorite player. And then of course announce that America voted, and "we" decided to award Team America!

I wonder if there are any governing authorities that can come down on them for blatant deception? Like even telling Team America today that we gave them this? We did not.*sigh*

Trusted Contributor

I just watched the rerun of the morph contest, and I am convinced more than ever that Derrick beat Frankie, he made a lot of mistakes in the beginning,and derrick made them at the end,but no way did pinky do it in 5 minutes. They should have a clock there tonight,i do believe they have in the past, It will be interesting to see what is true and what is not. This was not a good day for us long time b.b. watchers they have ruined a great game by having a favorite, I actually felt sick today over a reality show,yikes Tucka.