Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/19/2014!!!

There's not a lot to spoil today as the same old, same old continues. Amber and Jocasta won the Battle of the Block yesterday leaving Victoria and Brittany as the nominees. Derrick wants Brittany gone this week so the house is doing everything possible to obey the big dummy and get her out. If Brittany looks at someone, she looks at them wrong. If she doesn't look at someone then how dare she not look at them. Amber tried to rally Nicole and Christine against the boys and get some support but Christine then ran right to the boys to tell them so now Amber is the big target for next week. How dare Amber try to form an alliance to stay safe!

Christine and Nicole somehow seem to feel they're safe despite every other girl in the house being targeted and picked off. As supposed superfans you would think they could see what was happening, but they seem quite blind to everything. They seem to think their three person alliance of Christine (who's won nothing,) Nicole, and Hayden will separate from the bigger alliance of Cody, Zach, Derrick, Caleb, Frankie and emerge victorious. I'm not so confident about that myself. If those three had a collective brain they'd be keeping their alliance intact and working with the rest of the house to thin out the five whenever possible, but they're so far up Derrick's posterior they seem to have forgotten how to play the game.

So the target this week is Brittany followed by Amber next week, then some combination of Jocasta, Donny and Victoria. There is some potential for change as Zach has brought up the possibility of backdooring Caleb this week if the opportunity presents itself, but he seems largely alone in that idea.

We have the POV comp today and in a perfect world Donny would win the POV and use it on Brittany. Derrick is convinced that even if Donny wins they can convince him not to use the POV on Brittany. If the POV is used and Donny's not safe, he'll be nominated as the replacement and evicted. Derrick and Frankie have been assured that if a Team America player is evicted that they'll be able to continue on earning their money, so the Team America alliance is pretty much gone as far as they're concerned.

Speaking of Team America last week they got confirmation from the DR that they'd earned the money. (Truthfully directly telling someone (Caleb) to go ask someone else (Amber) about a rumor doesn't really count to me as a rumor spreading, but production got the footage they wanted and that's what counts.) To the best of my knowledge they haven't gotten such confirmation this time around. Maybe, just maybe production has decided that Amber truly isn't a physical threat in the house and will leave the three idiots hanging until after the POV is, or isn't used. If they learn that they haven't earned the money yet, then it could be entertaining watching them try to convince Cody to put up a physical threat. (Of course, Donny is a physical beast, so that would solve the issue. Of course getting Donny to agree he's the physical beast might be tricky.)

I'd love to see Brittany win the POV today so she'd be safe and then team up with Amber, Jocasta, and whoever is left to try and wrest some control from the big dummies. The same people just inventing nonsense about the other side of the house and trashing them nonstop as they shove them out the door isn't a lot of fun to watch. This stupid Battle of the Block twist has made this season a bit of a disaster. It's pretty much handed the control of the house to the guys and made the game far too easy for them. As long as one of the eight wins one of the HOH's then they can nominate one of their own and have that one person throw the Battle of the Block and let their guy/gal keep the HOH and control the game. It's an absolute joke. At this rate things will only get interesting once we get down to the eight picking each other off and truthfully then we'll be more rooting against people than for anyone.

I'll post back later after the POV comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 7/19/2014!!!

I think this BB group has to be the most boring I have ever seen....is it just me???
Valued Contributor

For some reason I'm not as bored this year as I have been in the past. The show usually hits the mid-season doldrums. Sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping that BDA (Big Dummy Alliance) gets broken up with the members fighting among themselves. That would stir things up.

I'm very disappointed in Christine. When the season started, I thought she was pretty bright. My opinion has definitely changed. She's an idiot, and I want her to go.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the cast is boring, but the game-play to this stage is. They're all just playing follow the leader and Derrick's the current leader. You need another side to the house and those not in the old BS alliance (by the way I love the BDA, Big Dummy Alliance name) can't/won't get organized to take them on. Everyone's just a bit too meek and timid this year. The numbers are there to challenge the BDA (I think I'll start calling them that from now on) with Jocasta, Brittney, Donny, Amber, Victoria, and to some extent Hayden and Nicole and maybe even Caleb or Zach to mount a challenge to the BDA, but they just don't do it. Even if one of them wins HOH they know they can't keep it against a BDA member as the BDA member will have somoene on their side throw the Battle of the Block and then as the dethroned HOH you're likely top end up on the block. (This Battle of the Block twist is arguably one of the worst ideas ever.)

If you had just a single HOH then a non-BDA person who won HOH could put up two BDA members and watch the fun. With much of the house now part of the BDA the odds of getting two non-BDA HOH's is pretty remote and if just one BDA member wins then they'll become the HOH when one of their nominees throws the comp. It's really stifling game play this season. Even if the non-BDA member was able to get one of their nominees to throw the comp all you'd end up with would be a stalemate as both sides kept working harder to throw the comp. Production really, really didn't think this twist through at all and hopefully they abandon it soon. If not they're apt to find themselves in an epic days long Battle of the Block with both sides desperately playing to lose. "Oh dang! I dropped all of my puzzle pieces again!" "Oops! So did I." Seriously BB, is this what you want?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Didn't Julie say "Expect the Unexpected" this week? I'm waiting, Julie!!!!
Valued Contributor

Thanks Gman, I'm glad you like my BDA name. I got the idea from you. The game has got to improve once the BD's start turning on each other. That will be fun to watch.

Sassy, I'm looking forward to that too. I hope they get rid of the double HOH thing. It's not working.

Honored Contributor

They've picked the POV players and it sounds like Cody, Derrick, Caleb, Brittany, Victoria, and Nicole are the POV players.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Gman, thanks again for your updates. I was wondering - does this bunch look forward to the nights they are on the CBS show? Do most of the girls primp and get ready to be on air with Julie Chen? Just curious. They always seem happy to see Julie.

Honored Contributor

suzieQ4me. They've been blocking most of the pre-show feeds lately so we don't get to see all of the primping and preening we normally see. I think both the guys and girls are doing it though as last week before the POV ceremony everyone spent quite a bit of time getting ready. They knew that Devin's backdooring would be highly watched so they all put some extra effort into getting ready for it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, Brittany got House Guest's Choice when she drew for a player and she asked for volunteers and only Caleb and Amber raised their hands and since everyone in the house thinks she's working with Amber, she chose Caleb to protect Amber. It could end up being a good choice for her if Caleb wins. He's not thrilled with his allies these days and we could see him looking for some new allies. If he saves Brittany, teams up with her, Amber, Jocasta, and whoever else he can find, they could take on the Derrick, Cody side of the house and things could get interesting. I doubt that will happen, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!