Honored Contributor

Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 6/30/2014!!!

Okay, so yesterday we had the POV ceremony where Donny used his POV and Caleb put up Joey in his place. Joey was a bit upset afterwards and told Caleb that it wasn't what the house wanted and that he'd made a big mistake. Joey was recruited for the show and later lamented how hard it was playing a game she didn't know coming in. All she knew was what she'd seen on the shows they give you in sequester and those shows are a lot different from what really goes on. (That's why Nicole, Christine and Donny all have a leg up. They know what's going on and are prepared for it.)

Last night we had Nicole's 22nd birthday. Hayden and Zach did a little lap dance for Nicole which I'm not sure she appreciated, but Nicole's a good sport. The Nicole/Christine alliance, now referred to as team "Nicotine" (Nicole and Christine) on many BB sites, still seems solid and I get the impression Nicole is looking to include Hayden and potentially a few others in it. I'm not sure if Christine has told Nicole of the Bomb Squad yet, but she probably will soon if she hasn't. Christine and Frankie also still seem pretty solid. I get the vibe that Christine is keeping both alliances separate but equal and hoping one survives with her in it. Both Christine and Nicole have talked of backdooring one of the alpha males (Caleb/Devin) given the opportunity.

Caleb managed to get some one on one time with Amber and confessed his undying love to her. She more or less said, "Thanks, but no thanks. Let's just be friends while we're here." She just added "get a restraining order" to her post-show to-do list. Caleb has cleverly managed to find a way to believe that she still has feelings for him despite the rather obvious rejection and that over time she'll come around. (I'm thinking no.) Amber's made it clear to all of the other girls that she has no, zero, zip interest in Caleb and was more than a little surprised at the meeting. (I'm thinking on Wednesday's show they'll show the lovestruck Caleb and then on Thursday they'll show Amber saying, "Let's just be friends.")

The names you keep hearing as potential nominees for eviction next week are Brittany, Victoria, Paola, and Donny. Jocasta could also find herself in that mix if Bomb Squad members win the HOH's. I'd kind of like to see two of those four win HOH this week and stir things up a bit. Devin as HOH could be kind of entertaining too, in a train-wreck kind of way. One of the house guests said something about them being on indoor lockdown from today on, but I think that's a mistake. They've never been on a lockdown that long to prepare for a comp. Since the first HOH comps were largely endurance comps (hanging onto the kites and holding onto the logs) I'm thinking we'll get a non-endurance type comp this time. With fourteen house guests competing (Joey/Paola will be evicted and Caleb can't as outgoing HOH) there are too many house guests and too few lanes available for the tea cup comp, unless they do it as two person teams again like they did last year.

Things should stay pretty quiet in the house now. The Diary Room will be trying to get the house guests talking about voting out Paola so they can keep home viewers in suspense right up to the vote on Thursday, but barring Paola doing something incredibly stupid and Joey pulling off a miracle, Joey's a goner this week by a near unanimous vote. (Devin for some reason has said he'll vote to keep Joey and will blame the vote on someone else. A hinky vote's not a bad strategic move but he's told a few people he'll be casting it, so word will spread quickly and whatever trust people have in Devin will be gone if there's a vote to keep Joey.) Devin may well be the dumbest house guest we've seen in a while. He's making big mistakes and I'm thinking even his own allies are going to be looking at him as being pretty expendable in the very near future.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Big Brother 16 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates for 6/30/2014!!!

For those with the feeds who are interested, the Caleb/Amber talk took place at 2:05 AM on feeds 3 & 4. There's a brief interruption for the fire room then back to the awkwardness upstairs. Someone needs to get Caleb a copy of the book: "He's just not that into you: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys" and change all of the "he's" to "she's" and "guys" into "girls" He clearly doesn't get it and needs help.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Well I for one think Devin is hilarious. He will keep us laughing with his gameplay. The decision to bring in Christine and Amber into the Bomb Squad and waking up Caleb in the dead of night to tell him was hilarious. I laughed so hard. He is good entertainment.
Honored Contributor

On 6/30/2014 sassy68 said: Well I for one think Devin is hilarious. He will keep us laughing with his gameplay. The decision to bring in Christine and Amber into the Bomb Squad and waking up Caleb in the dead of night to tell him was hilarious. I laughed so hard. He is good entertainment.

I thought his belief that Donny is a mad scientist or undercover FBI agent was even funnier.

Trusted Contributor

Devin may be good entertainment to the viewers, but he is probably driving his "bomb squad" buddies bonkers! I try to put myself in their shoes.... they are living in a pressure cooker, and not being able to count on one of your team mates is enough to want to say "adios".

I like Nicole and I think Amber is doing her best, so far, to deal with Caleb. I am not sure why they all want to evict Joey.... she adds a little spice to the house. I thought it was interesting when Jocasta said her only alliance was with god.... that ought to get her far in this house, lol. They are even making alliances with the chess board, it would seem!!

Trusted Contributor

So glad to see G'man posting for us again, thanks!!

So far I like Cody, Nicole, Hayden and a couple of the others quite well!

Thus far, it would seem that we have none to dislike as in previous seasons - last season being full of ones to dislike!

Thanks again for all the inside info that you feed watchers give us!!

Valued Contributor

Joey told Hayden that she's America's player. I was hoping she was going to use that to her advantage! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes, Summer is here and so is this thread! Thank you for summarizing for us!

Honored Contributor

This is a very likable group of house guests this year. (So far anyway.) It's much, much better than last year's cast where you really had to scrape to find a likable character.

We're getting the requisite "How are you going to vote" sequences going on today that will be edited together to make the vote look like it will be up for grabs, but barring a miracle, Joey's a goner. I'd expect it to be a unanimous vote unless Devin throws his hinky vote, which he might. Devin's playing his own unique version of Big Brother that doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm guessing it makes sense to him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I finally just watched last night's episode. Is it possible that Donny is developmentally delayed ? I watched him talking to Paola and it was like a Lenny (Of Mice And Men) moment.I think it is entirely possible that Devin and Caleb have serious mental issues. Cody is my absolute favorite as of now.