Honored Contributor

Big Brother 15!!! The Madness begins tonight! (June 26, 8:00 ET)

It's going to be a long, long day today waiting for BB to finally kick off. Tradition has it that Julie will open the show welcoming us to the most exciting, diverse, unique cast ever! (Actually the cast is about the same as always only a bit younger and prettier.) We'll get a bit of a look at the house and then we'll see the "unsuspecting" houseguests get their keys. (Really? They've been through months of audtitions, interviews, call backs, and there's now a camera crew following them and they have no idea what's about to happen? Okay. Sure. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking they might not be all that unsuspecting.) Then we'll see them get one hour to pack one bag. In truth they generally bring multiple bags and have even more stuff shipped to them but they have the one tiny little show bag they drag into the house with them.

Then they'll march onstage and Julie will regale us with the tale of how this is the first time they're seeing each other. (Sure. If you ignore all of the time they've spent in sequester together, call-backs together, shopping together, etc., oh and the lovely cast photo they all take together on the front steps. Ignore all of that and this is the first time they're seeing each other.) Julie will then advise them to look at one another and remnd them that these are the people they'll be spending their summer with before sending them into the house in groups. Then they'll race through the house screaming and squealing as they go in a few (probably four) at a time and claiming beds.

Once they're all in, we'll have the typical sit around the living room drinking champagne and doing introductions/lies. We'll get our first diary room segments as the liars tell us why they're lying and the other houseguests tell us they know they're lying. Julie will then address the houseguests and warn them to expect the unexpected. We should learn the details of the MVP twist about then but I'm not sure if the house will. Then we'll see the first HOH comp which was reportedly one of the most competitive ever in BB history, which is interesting since a lot of the houseguests planned to throw the HOH comp. Maybe they know of the MVP twist and that motivated them to compete hard? Then the show will end.

The live feeds are supposed to start at midnight tonight and then the feed watchers will start to figure out where things really lie.

We get another look at the house today and maybe a hint on the twists when Julie leads the ladies of The Talk through their version of BB today on The Talk.

With all of the live links to east coast feeds available I don't think I'll be doing live reporting during the show as that sort of distracts me from the show. After it's done I'll drop in a little recap, but we shouldn't have any big surprises tonight. It should play out like the opening night always plays out. The first HOH comp should be an endurance comp of some sort, typically a hang on to something to win type comp. They'll tease us to tune in Sunday night to see who the HOH nominates and who wins MVP, but the feed watchers should know who's nominated before the feeds are an hour old. It should be a fun night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!