Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Bang Theory

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I hope they don't get the Nobel.  That's just too absurd.  It's like the writers don't care whether it is funny or not this season--they're out the door already. 

I HATE when they wrap up a show that was ever good with stupid "and they lived happily ever after" stuff like they just wanted it to end and people to be happy.

I REALLY hate when books end that.  So many authors seem to just give in at the end and kill it off.  Couldn't think of another interesting twist to put in!  Woman Frustrated

Well, to be honest, if you want to analyze what is absurd in the show, then the whole thing falls apart, starting with an elevator being unusable for years when there are laws regarding that.  And then there's the concept of a high school educated party girl beauty queen hooking up and marrying a height challenged genius with asthma, lactose intolerance, and a weak stomach. In real life she wouldn't have given him a second look and he would eventually have become bored with her   I know I was amused by the last episode of Seinfeld, but I guess it fit with the overall portrayal of those characters. I am not bothered by a warm ending. These are characters to whom no one wants to see disappointment and misfortune. It's fiction, so writers can take liberties with how it ends the same way they took liberties with the whole concept of the show.

Esteemed Contributor

We are coming down to the wire.  I am grateful this show is in syndication because we watch it almost every day.  Does it represent real life?  No, but it is a great escape from real life.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor
Loved last night's show with Leonard and his mother. Made me cry.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Bet the elevator was ALWAYS working!

Respected Contributor

Good episode.  Cute how Bernadette showed concern for Raj.  Wanted Raj to find happiness, but guess Anu isn't quite right for him. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the collector magazine. I love those. Seinfeld’s was the best. I never care about the finale episode. You can’t please everyone anyway. For me it’s the journey. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

LOL - I never really thought about it, but that would be so “Sheldon” to put a sign up so no one uses it so he won’t be bothered by the dings and opening door noises!!

Honored Contributor

Raj has always been my favorite! From being too shy to speak to a woman unless he'd had a drink, or 2 or 3, to *almost* getting engaged and having some relationships in between.

I just love his humor and the jokes he makes about his own heritage and yet values it. Just something endearing about him.

My least favorite has always been Bernardette.

Respected Contributor

@countrylady  Yeah but the thing is SHELDON is the one who broke the elevator in the first place!  Protecting the gang when they miscalculatd the fuel for a rocket they made in the appartment.  When  distruction was imminent he picked the thing up tossed it in the elevator and closed the door.  I think it would be great if and I say IF Leonard and Penny and Amy and Sheldon Leave the appartments  that the repair crew shows up.   Now that the Science nerds are leaving it's safe to repair the elevator.  But I'd like to see a New nerd crew moving in as they leave.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@countrylady wrote:

LOL - I never really thought about it, but that would be so “Sheldon” to put a sign up so no one uses it so he won’t be bothered by the dings and opening door noises!!

Well, there was that little detail of the explosion due to one of Leonard's experiments going awry.