Valued Contributor

Re: Big Bang Theory - New Season

As a Pharma rep...I hate the bimbo portrayals of Pharma reps...grrrrrrr
Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 dakotacheryl said: As a Pharma rep...I hate the bimbo portrayals of Pharma reps...grrrrrrr

I feel your pain, dakotacheryl.

As a broadcast journalist, I resented what I believed were unfair, inaccurate and often cruel depictions of us all as airhead anchors and ridiculous reporters. Especially annoying was Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry," which one of our audio technicians took perverse delight in playing as a cue for us to get on the set for the newscast.

These days, when I look at both the inexperienced local yokels and neophyte network correspondents, well - sad to say, there's more than a grain of truth in such fictional portrayals considering the mispronunciations, bad grammar and mangled facts of their real life role models.

Respected Contributor

i'm sick of seeing that haircut. i don't think it's cute and she should come up with something prettier.

Esteemed Contributor

Keri...you points are well taken and I believe you are correct in your assessment. It does seem to be all about Sheldon. While I love Sheldon, I also love the rest of the cast equally.

Broadcast journalist? Well, now I know why you are so well-informed on this forum!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I know this is off topic, but I was watching the rerun where Sheldon is trying to teach physics to Penny and he calls it Project Gorilla. Lol. I think that seems to be a pattern with Penny and gorillas, or maybe primates from a more generic point of view. It would be funny if her last name was something that resembled a primate name. Lol.
Honored Contributor

I miss the interaction of the four guys and their nerdiness. To me that was the really funny funny part of the show and that is missing now. It's about guys and their interactions with women and the show doesn't do a good/funny job of that at all.

Respected Contributor

I have to admit that the Sheldon bits were a bit tiresome in this first hour of the season. Ensemble shows excel because of the collective efforts of the ensemble. That is why we watch. When one star becomes the focus the show becomes off balance and sometimes loose their audience. TBBT needs to be mindful of this. To me the funniest part of the premiere were the guys and the Stewart/Debbie ""situation""! Sheldon and his meanness to both Amy and Howard was just uncalled for. The HR lady hiring Sheldon to teach was the dumbest premise ever. Just because Jim P. Has received back to back to back Emmys does not mean that we want to see a show about that character who IMHO seems to be spinning out of control. Hopefully the producers will rebalance the show. It has been my favorite for so long. I love to watch reruns.
Esteemed Contributor

I started watching the show over the summer through reruns. ITA with all of you who mentioned that this season opener just didn't seem as funny/interesting as expected--especially considering the pay raises! (With that kind of $$$, I sort of expected to be rolling on the floor with laughter!) My fave was the Stewart/Howard/Howard's mom story. I couldn't tell if Stewart is in line to be like Howard's new brother or if he's a potential father figure???? Smiley Happy

My favorite scenes have been the ones where the guys sit around the apartment and talk or play D & D. ITA that they need to keep it balanced among the characters instead of focusing on Sheldon. Seems like there was another focus on Penny. I like her as a character, but I hope she doesn't become a central storyline each week.

Super Contributor

Perhaps the writers should've gotten a raise, too.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/24/2014 Sooner said:

I miss the interaction of the four guys and their nerdiness. To me that was the really funny funny part of the show and that is missing now. It's about guys and their interactions with women and the show doesn't do a good/funny job of that at all.

This is exactly how I feel. The show hasn't been as funny to me as the first couple seasons before all the guys got girlfriends. I also feel the show isn't as smart as it used to be, although there were some smart moments in the opening episodes when Sheldon was quizzing Howard about physics.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*