Honored Contributor

Re: Beverly Hills 90210 Fans

[ Edited ]

I think if people went into this thinking it was going to be a 90210 redo with the original cast playing their same characters, they were probably disappointed.  That seemed to be the general consensus when I was reading some FB comments from my friends last night.  After watching Tori and Jennie all over talk shows recently, I knew they were playing a heightened version of themselves.  

I thought it was just okay. Some was funny, some over the top goofy.  I thought it was interesting that this was the intro to how this all came about, with Tori and Jennie being the ones to come up with the idea for the reboot.

I thought the references to Luke were very touching, tasteful and very well done. I especially liked the final scene last night with the in memory of Luke.    

Esteemed Contributor

I bet they will keep showing clips of Dylan, Luke Perry, in

rembrance of him.

Funny thing is he was aware of this show before he passed

away and said that he would not be a part of it.

Also heard Shannen on a talk show the other day saying 

that Luke was trying hard to get her on Riverdale, Although

that did not happen while he was alive, now she will go

on the show when they do a tribute to him.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a commercial for it some time after 5:00 last night and was so glad because I would have forgotten it otherwise.  Only thing is....I STILL space it.  Hearing the concept of the show though leaves me disappointed.  I'll probably still try to catch next week's episode (out of curiosity) but I'm fairly certain I won't watch any more episodes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

👎

Honored Contributor

Turned it off in less than 10 minutes, it is the actors playing themselves, not much to do with 90210, sorry I am disappointed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed as well. First, I don't think they did justice to the memory of Luke Perry. Unless I missed something, they only made a few references toward him (without even mentioning his name) and then, at the very end showed the iconic picture of Luke Perry and Jason Priestley. I thought, is that it???  I couldn't make heads or tails of the whole show. Seems they all had different ideas of what the series would be. The ideas probably looked good on paper. But, came off as scattered and chaotic. Bizarre even. What was up with Tori Spelling coming unglued and stealing that dress?!?!?!  WOW!!! Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Frequent Contributor

I watched for 5 minutes than changed the channel. I may try again next week. I wanted to see how the cast looked. The dialogue made me swtich channels.

Honored Contributor

I too turned it off after 5 minutes...it wasn't interesting at all to me.

I didn't see the humor in Tori and Jenni talking about their life. Tori's is a total train wreck and Jenni bringing up her Ex husband (father of her kids) was totally unnecessary.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I too turned it off after 5 minutes...it wasn't interesting at all to me.

I didn't see the humor in Tori and Jenni talking about their life. Tori's is a total train wreck and Jenni bringing up her Ex husband (father of her kids) was totally unnecessary.

??? They aren't depicting real life events--just a fictionalized version like satire.  The father of Jenni's kids wasn't even mentioned except to say she was just on marriage #3 (and he wasn't even her third marriage).

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I don't think people want to see these actors being them

selves and then talking about their t.v. characters.

I certainly do not.

Who cares about Jennie's divorces, Tori's money issues

and lazy husband in real life?

We want to get back to Brandon, Brenda, Kelly, etc.

By the way I never liked Andrea and who cares if now she

is into women.

Andrea looks like she is in to women.... always did....